CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day 2017

 When we woke up this morning, we Facetimed Mom & Dad to wish Mimi a Happy Mother's Day in South Africa. I partly wish they were here so we could spoil her & surprise her w/ breakfast in bed, but I'm thankful that they're on a mission and are where they should be and doing what they should be doing in the grand scheme of things. I'm beyond blessed to have her for not just a Mom, but a best friend. We're so close and I'm grateful for her example, her feisty-ness, her love, and her strength. I'm lucky to have been raised by such an amazing woman.

 Frank dropped his boys off at their Mom's house this morning, and then drove down to spend the day with us! We watched a little bit of La La Land, and then got ready to head to church. I told him about the orchid corsage tradition and he said he'll be all over it next year. LOL.

 I mentioned I had never seen him w/ facial hair, so he's growing out a small goatee. I actually really like it A LOT! He & Autumn were having fun & messing around before church. Autumn did a good job standing up on the stage w/ the Primary kids and singing Mother's Day songs. I can't believe she just has one Mother's Day left in Primary & then she'll be in Young Women's!!! WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE!?!?!?!?!

 After church we came home, changed clothes, grabbed the salad & cake we had put together, and went over to Mom & Dad's house. Nate grilled us some INCREDIBLE steaks, potatoes w/ onions, and Riannon made a fruit salad. They also had sparkling cider to make it fancy. It was so fun to be together as a family and sit out on the patio and eat and talk. I'm thankful for this "tribe."

 We usually don't swim on Sundays (keeping the Sabbath Day holy), but it's kind of a tradition every year on Mother's Day that either Nate or my Dad throw my Mom in the pool w/ her nice church clothes on. But, since they aren't here we had to carry on the tradition for them. The water was cold at first, but then it was fine after a few minutes. I'm really looking forward to swimming a lot in the pool this summer.

We came home and then Frank left at 10:00 to drive back home. It was a late night, b/c I talk him home the whole 3 hours so that I know he's safe. Plus, that way we get to know each other even better. There is no way that last year for Mother's Day that I could imagine how different THIS Mother's Day would be ... that I would be madly in love and engaged to the most perfect man for me! What a great & memorable Mother's Day!!!

1 comment:

Jen T said...

So glad you had a nice Mother's Day!!! Glad Frank was there to help you celebrate!