CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Dinner, Swimming, & Young Women's Camp

 It has been quite an adjustment for me to make sure there's a big meal on the dinner table every night. When it was just me & Autumn, I could throw something together really fast when we got home. But now I have to plan ahead & make sure I have something going in the crockpot before I leave for work, or have some other game plan as soon as I get home. But it's so worth it to be able to sit down together as a family each evening and eat dinner together and talk about our day. That's really important to me for us to connect in that way.

 The boys had been cooped up inside all day long, so as soon as we got done w/ dinner we went over to Mom & Dad's house to swim and burn off some energy. They LOVE to swim.

 We came home at 8:00 so Frank & I could hurry and change clothes, go pick up Karri, and then we headed up to Young Women's camp. I was asked by the ward leaders to come and do one of their nightly 5 minute devotionals. We got there earlier than we thought, so we were able to listen to Shannon share some thoughts w/ all the girls in the Stake. This year's camp is SO NICE & they even have air conditioned cabins. It gave me flashbacks to camp last year and how HARD it was to put it together on a ward level.

 I shared some thoughts from "The Peter Potential" and how, "if the Lord can do great things with a single loaf, imagine what He can do with a single life."  It was SO WONDERFUL to spend a little time w/ these amazing girls & their incredible leaders. I miss them all so much. It was fun having Frank there w/ me. One year ago at camp, I never could have imagined that this is what my life would be like now!

We got home about midnight & the boys were so excited to see us. Awww ... group hug! They've been staying up all hours of the night playing video games, but that's OK b/c then they've been sleeping in during the day.

No comments: