CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Primary & A Dead Rat

 
Frank & I skipped our usual Sunday School class today so that we could go to Primary. Jacob gave a talk, so we went & listened to that. 

 Then, Liz was filling in for the usual Primary chorister so we stayed to watch her. She did a great job and was so fun and high energy. I got pulled out the last 10 minutes and was asked if I would accept a new calling. I can't say what it is yet, but it's still working in the Relief Society. I'm excited about it.

I was going to be the only member of the Relief Society presidency in town this Sunday, but luckily the 1st counselor's travel plans changed and she was here. So I didn't end up having to go to ward council or conduct Relief Society. That was nice, b/c I was teaching the lesson. I taught about the ENABLING power of the Atonement. It was a good discussion.

 It was so nice to come home after church & just veg out. Everyone was hungry so we did a "clean out the fridge" type meal and then had spaghetti, garlic bread, and salad for dinner later on in the evening. We watched a movie together and enjoyed being able to rest & relax & have no where to be and nothing to do.

At about 10:20 pm someone banged on our door & we were all worried, b/c it was late and we weren't expecting anyone. It was Christy and she was freaking out b/c she said her dog had brought a dead rat in the house & she didn't want to touch it. So, Frank & I got our shoes on and drove over there and he picked it up w/ a plastic sack and we threw it away for her. I'm glad she knew she could rely on us and that it was such an easy thing for us to take care of. I'm also thankful for Frank & being a worthy priesthood holder so he could give her a blessing of peace & comfort. I love that man so much!!!!!!

No comments: