CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Savi's Baby Shower

 I got up this morning and went and dropped Autumn off at cheer practice and then came home to make deviled eggs for Savi's baby shower. Frank earned some MAJOR brownie points today! He knows how stressed & tired I am since I've been the main caretaker of the kids. I'm the one that gets up w/ them early in the morning, I feed them breakfast, I get them ready for the day, etc. So while I was doing dishes this morning & making the deviled eggs, he vacuumed the living room. He was able to kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone by keeping Spencer entertained while he vacuumed. This is such a "Dad" thing to do, b/c I never would have thought of this. It was so funny & Spencer was loving getting to go for a ride.

 He also swept the kitchen, b/c he knows that's one of my least favorite chores. As soon as it's clean, the kids are hungry again and it gets dirty again. I was telling him how I saw a meme on Facebook that said, "trying to keep the house clean when you have kids is like trying to brush your teeth while eating Oreo's." LOL!

 Since his truck is in the shop, we're down to one vehicle. So, we loaded all the baby shower stuff that I was in charge of into the car & went over to Nick & Savi's. We loaded all the stuff into my old blue car & Savi and I went to Lori's house for the baby shower. I am SO THANKFUL that Lori hosted the baby shower, b/c it would have put me over the edge to try and have it at my house or Mom & Dad's house while having the 2 small kids this week.

 Lori had chicken salad & croissant sandwiches, a veggie tray, pasta salad, a fruit tray, my deviled eggs, and snacks. I'm also glad she hosted, b/c then more ladies from Nick & Savi's ward came since they know Lori and where she lives.

 I got this adorable cake from Costco, and it was a big hit.

 Once most people had gotten there, we went ahead and ate and then we played a few baby games. One is called "The Price Is Right." I had gotten a bunch of baby items (you can see them on the round coffee table) & people had to guess how much each item cost. Whoever was closest to the correct total of all the items won. The other game we played was the "Animal Pregnancy Game." I just printed off the list on the backside of the Price Is Right paper, and whoever got the most correct of this game won.

Whoever won got a "POP" prize since Savi is about to "POP." It's just a plastic popcorn container (2 for $1 at the Dollar Store), 2 tiny cans of pop (7-up), popcorn, pop rocks, and lollipop's. I liked these 2 baby shower games, b/c they weren't weird or embarrassing or long like some baby shower games are.

 Frank is a ROCK STAR & earned even more brownie points b/c he went and got Autumn from cheer practice and then watched all 3 kids while I was at the baby shower. He ended up taking them all to Chuck E. Cheese by himself!

 What a guy!!! He said they had a great time (as long as he was shoveling food into Spencer's mouth). The worst part was when it was time to go & Olivia had a MAJOR meltdown. As soon as they got in the car and drove away she fell asleep, so she was super tired.

After the baby shower, we loaded all of Savi's gifts into the car & I took her back home. Frank came and got me, and we came home to rest & relax before out next big event.

 Susan's friend had a birthday party tonight & she wanted us to come. She said he told her to invite us. She's talked a lot about him during our missionary discussions, b/c he just joined the church about a year ago. We drove over to the party and they had such a fun setup in the backyard!

 This is Mike & he's the one who's birthday it is and who joined the church not too long ago. He was super welcoming and made us feel like family. He said, "the more, the merrier." There was a TON of good food. Everyone was asked to bring something, so we took the rest of the Costco cake.

 We only stayed for about an hour b/c it was getting late and the kids were starting to get grumpy. But we had such a WONDERFUL time and are so grateful we got to go. Hispanics know how to        PAR-TAY!!!

It was SO AWESOME to fall asleep to a loud Texas rain/lightning/thunder storm tonight. We opened up the blinds in our room so we could watch the flashes of lightning. The sound of rain is one of my favorite sounds. What a great way to end a fun packed day!

No comments: