CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 13, 2017

ICE! Treat

 Tonight after dinner, we told the kids we had a fun surprise for them to thank them for all the hard work they've done around the house. It's been 5 weeks since we instituted our new chore chart, and I haven't had to have any "Red Hen" moments in the past 5 weeks. It's been GLORIOUS! All we told them was that it was going to be SUPER COLD & to wear warm clothes. I had a coupon for 50% off, which is why we were able to treat them to this fun surprise. The decorations in the hotel are phenomenal!

 I LOVE the look on Spencer's face when it started to "snow." So fun!

 I'm so glad they give us these big warm parkas, b/c it is COLD (9 degrees) in there!!! The theme of this ice exhibition was "'Twas The Night Before Christmas." All of the ice sculptures depicted the story.

 It was so nice going on a weekday evening, b/c we pretty much had the place to ourselves. There were hardly any other people there.

 Autumn & Spencer had fun going down the ice slides several times, b/c there was no line. I even went down this year & was cackling the whole time.

 It's hard to believe that this whole structure is made out of ice!!! It's so well done & looks so incredible.

 I always love the crystal clear ice depiction of the nativity. So gorgeous & a good reminder of the real "reason for the season."

 See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

 These MASSIVE Santa boots were really cool to stand next to. I always wonder where they store all this stuff during the rest of the year???

 This picture had me laughing so hard when Frank showed it to me! Looks like Spencer got smooshed by Santa's boot! SO FUNNY!

 It was so fun to share this new & exciting experience w/ Frank & the boys. I'm so thankful for this incredible man!

 So much LOVE!

Grant & Spencer making fun of me & Frank. LOL!

We were all hungry by the time we got done, so we stopped at this place that sells fried pies. I'd driven past it several times, and have always wanted to try it. We did the drive thru, and it took over 10 minutes!!! I guess they make the meat pies to order. It was actually super good once the brisket fried pie I got had time to cool down. It was a really fun evening together & we made some great memories.

No comments: