CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 4, 2017

Frank's Fabulous Birthday!!!

Today is Frank's birthday! YAY!!! I was able to give him a few small gifts before leaving for work this morning. He looks tired, b/c he had just gotten up.

 I kept asking him all week what he wanted me to make for his birthday dinner. He couldn't ever decide, and I didn't have time to make anything since I had to work all day. So, we tried out a famous BBQ place that none of us had been to.

 Supposedly it's the best BBQ place in the metroplex. It's always PACKED, but since we went kind of early on a Monday night, it wasn't too bad. We tried the big family pack which included 3 types of meat. He picked brisket, sausage, and chicken.




It also came w/ 3 sides. He picked mac & cheese, loaded mashed potatoes, and broccoli salad. I do have to say, that it was DELICIOUS! We were all so stuffed that we felt like we would have to roll out of there.

It was a FABULOUS birthday dinner, and way better than anything I could have made. We even had a bunch of left overs to take home. I think my favorite part was the warm peach cobbler w/ vanilla ice cream for dessert. I was STUFFED, but I made room for that. LOL.


As soon as we got home, Autumn & I got busy putting together her science project board that is due tomorrow. We've been working on her project for over a week & it finally came together tonight. She decided to put daisies in 5 different types of liquid (water, milk, diet ginger ale, blue KoolAid, & Dr. Pepper) to see which ones would decay/wilt first. We were super surprised that the water decayed the worst, and that the milk & KoolAid lasted the longest.

Even though we didn't do anything super fancy or over the top for Frank's birthday, he said it's the best birthday he can remember in years. He said it's been a LONG TIME since anyone has done anything to make his birthday special. That made me happy, and that we got to celebrate his birthday for the first time together.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVE!!!

No comments: