CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 3, 2017

No Spanking Sunday

 We got up early this morning, said our goodbyes to GrannyMom & Grampsy, and left to go pick up the boys from their Mom's. It was sad to see the hills by the house burnt, b/c there was a fire last week. Hopefully that means there will be some beautiful foliage that will grow back in during the Spring.

On the ride up to Oklahoma yesterday, I wanted to spank Autumn & Spencer. Autumn felt smooshed so she kept elbowing Spencer & taking up as much room as she could w/ her legs. He retaliated by putting his leg up & putting his bag between them so he was taking up some of her space. REALLY, GUYS!?!? UGH! So, it was super nice to see them being nice on the drive home so I didn't have to spank their butts.

We got home at noon, got cleaned, up and Autumn, Spencer, and I went to church. Frank & Grant stayed home b/c they weren't feeling well. I got to teach in Relief Society, which I LOVE! I felt inspired to talk about spiritual gifts & how we can use those gifts in times of hardship or trial. There was a great talk given by Elder Eyring called, "Gifts of the Spirit for Hard Times." I handed out little pieces of paper during the lesson & had everyone write down one of their spiritual gifts. Then I gathered them up & read them out loud. It took some time out of the lesson to do that, but it was so powerful & something I felt I needed to do. I pointed out how blessed we are to have so many gifts in just that small room & how we need to use those gifts to help our families & each other.

During the lesson I said something about "pregnancy brain" & one of the sisters let out a yell. She didn't know I was pregnant, and she started crying and stood up & came over & gave me a hug. It was so tender & made me cry, too!

We came home, had dinner, Frank & I had a good in-depth conversation, then I watched the First Presidency Christmas devotional, and then I got the cleaning bug. I emptied the dishwasher, loaded the dishwasher, vacuumed the living room & kitchen, and put away the Christmas decoration boxes. I guess that inspired everyone else in the house to clean, b/c they all got busy cleaning their rooms.

No comments: