CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 1, 2018

Making Autumn Buy Her Own Clothes

Autumn has been saying that she needs some new clothes for a few weeks. Since I didn't have to work today, I finally took her clothes shopping. First we hit up Old Navy where she was FINALLY able to find some pants she likes. Here's the kicker ... I made her buy all of her own clothes! It sounds mean since she's only 10 years old, but I had to do it b/c she is SO STINKIN' PICKY! I can't tell you how many hundreds of dollars I have spent on new clothes for her that she only wears once and then never wears them again.

She has a whole process she has to go through in the store to make sure clothes fit to her liking. I have her go through the whole process, and make sure she approves of the clothes. Then I make her look me in the eye & promise that she'll wear them. We get home, she washes them, wears them once, and declares there is something wrong w/ them and she won't wear them anymore. I can't tell you how infuriating it is.

So, this time I tried something new. I had her buy her OWN clothes with her OWN money in hopes that she'll make herself wear them even if she thinks they're a tiny bit too tight in the knees, or whatever else she finds wrong w/ them. We also went to Ross & she found these cute shirts.

I'm really hoping that having her buy her own clothes will make her realize the value of a dollar. I'm also teaching her how to find good deals, and that if you find something you really love to get several of the same size in different colors. We'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

Jen T said...

After age 8 my kids have to buy their own clothes too. They learned really quickly they like thrift stores and take better care of them. It is an important lessons to learn to responsibility! Love your year in review!