CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 14, 2018

New Bishop & New Classes

 We thought we cleaned up pretty well today for church, so we snapped a quick selfie before going into sacrament meeting. It was a super emotional sacrament meeting, b/c our current Bishop got released & a new Bishop was called. Bishop A has been in for 5 1/2 years, so it was time.

 He wore his special "Autumn tie" today on purpose, and it made me cry. Here's the original story about the tie & then a few times that he's worn it since:


He has been a PHENOMENAL Bishop & he will always hold such a special & dear place in our hearts. I'm glad he wasn't released b/c they are moving or something sad like that. It was actually really nice to have him in Sunday School today instead of having to attend to Bishop duties.

 Grant got a new calling to be a Primary teacher for the 8 year old class, and today was his first time team teaching. His team teacher is AWESOME & will really be a big help spiritually to Grant. I love it that the kids in his class are going to look up to him and think the world of him. Frank's class doubled in size since last year since his class last year didn't move up & the class below them did. Oh, well. He LOVES getting to teach so the more the merrier.

We got home, had some lunch I had started in the crock pot before church, and then I left to do 2 visiting teaching visits. My partner had to go out of town for a family emergency, but I did fine by myself. When I got home, Frank was hooking up some wires in the attic w/ Autumn for a new security system that Nate & Riannon gave us. They had upgraded theirs and gave us their old one. SWEET! I'm blown away by all the things that Frank knows how to do. He really is a jack of all trades & a renaissance man!

Also, today is Grampsy's 77th birthday! Frank & I were talking about how thankful & blessed we are that we both like our in-laws. Some couples can't stand their in-laws, but not us. I adore Grampsy & GrannyMom. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Grampsy!

1 comment:

Jen T said...

What an awesome bishop! I remember his Autumn tie. That is neat! Love the baby Aubrey! She is adorable! Glad your Dr. Appointments went well! Hope you continue to feel well!