CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dang, I suck...thanks for the help!

I've had a bunch of help from various people. One of these people is my Uncle Robert. He was kind enough to have me send him my resume so he could put it in at his work and see if there were any openings. Well, when I got settled, he called me yesterday to see if I wouldn't mind if he re-vamped my resume a little bit. I was so grateful for any help, so I of course said yes. He stayed late at work until 7:30 to fix up my resume. I thought I knew how to sound professional, but he pretty much worked me over and made me realize how out of the interviewing loop I really am. I couldn't even answer simple questions in a professional sounding way. It was a good wake up call to me. I realized that I need to really focus on my assets and what I have to offer a company. For example, the resume I typed up said:

· Oversee and organize a floor of 80 sales reps and 15 administration staff
· Assist and consult with floor manager as a personal assistant
· Train and coach staff on a weekly basis
· Act as liaison between corporate staff and satellite office employees

What he changed that into is:

Office Manager – Draper, UT Office April 2006 – July 2007
Responsible for directing a staff of 15 administrative support personnel, managing the day to day administration of the 102 person Draper Office, and being liaison to the corporate office. Reported to the Branch Manger. Was promoted three times in two years due to outstanding performance.

Was selected by company owners as Office Manger for the new Draper branch. Established and implemented admin procedures, interviewed and hired admin staff, and assisted the Branch Manager establish the new office. The new office increased annual revenue by $15.6 million.

Became the “Go-To” person in the office to resolve any and all administrative issues with the home office, which resulted in solving numerous issues before they became problems.


I'm thinking what he put together would get me a job way faster than the one I put together. So, thanks a million for helping me realize where I could improve! And I really mean that. I'm so thankful for all the people that have been willing to help me out!

2 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

I need to visit with Uncle Robert. I'm looking for a new job too. Then perhaps UR can also coach me on how to get a good date. :o)

Kam Belly Soup said...

Wow! Go uncle Robert. Hopefully I won't need to recruit him anytime soon. Good luck on the job search.