CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Slovenija~Nasvidenje! (Good Bye)

IMG_8990 I got up at 5:00 this morning so I could get ready, pack the last of my things and meet Majda by the pink church at 6:00.  It didn’t rain at all on my trip, but it was raining this morning.  I had to take one last picture of the pink church (although it looks orange in this picture) before leaving.

IMG_8991 Majda came and got me and dropped me off at the airport.  I appreciate her so much and consider her like a sister.  I had to drink a  huge Multi Sola before going into the security area and it was so good.  Our flight from Ljub to Frankfurt was delayed by 30 minutes, which was not good since my layover was only 1 1/2 hours.  They finally let us get on the plane and we took off 30 minutes late.  Here is my last view of Slovenija.  I am going to miss it so much!

IMG_8994 I thought these clouds over Germany looked so cool.  We had to circle around Frankfurt for 35 minutes before landing b/c they said it was too crowded and there wasn’t a place for us to land yet!  I was trying not to freak out b/c I didn’t know which gate we were coming in at and which gate I would need to get to and I did NOT want to miss my flight.  We finally landed and were out on the tarmac and had to take a bus to the main part of the airport.  I was freaking out and hit the ground running as soon as we parked.  I had to speed walk/run to the right gate and luckily there was no one in line at the passport check area, so I got right through.  I was able to get on the bus that drove me out to the plane with literally 2 minutes to spare!  I had a middle seat on the 11 hour plane ride back, but it was ok and I stayed awake the whole time and watched all sorts of movies like Robin Hood, Grown Ups, Letters to Juliet, etc.  They also had one episode of different TV shows like Golden Girls, Modern Family, etc.

IMG_8999We landed in Dallas, and I waited for my luggage to come, but it never did.  I wasn’t too surprised though, b/c of how close I had cut it to getting on the plane.  So, I checked at the luggage desk and they got my address and said they would deliver it tomorrow when it came in.  Then I had to get in an insanely long line to go through customs.  They had 4 lines going and each one wrapped around the luggage carousels.  A really nice German lady was in line behind me and we started talking, which helped the line go faster.  My flight landed at 2:30, but I didn’t get through luggage and customs until 4:00 and Mom was freaking out b/c she thought I might have missed the flight or been killed.  She cracks me up. 

Autumn had fallen asleep, and it took her a little while to wake up and realize I was home.  We went out to the car and she finally woke up and was a chatter box and wanted to read me a story.  It was WONDERFUL to see her again and hug her and kiss her.  She really is my life.  I loved being able to be on my own for a week and be “just Lisa” instead of “Autumn’s Mom.”  But, I’m ready to step back into my role as “Autumn’s Mom,” b/c I’ve missed her so much and I belong with her.

We were all starving, so we stopped at Chipotle and had some dinner and then went back to Mom & Dad’s to watch some football and relax.  Then Mom took us home and I made myself stay up until 10:30 so I could get back on my normal schedule.  As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light.

No comments: