CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Naughty Or Nice?

IMG_3449 Today during work Mom called to say they were on their way back from visiting Nate yesterday.  His flight was supposed to be at 6:15 am, but I guess they fly them commercially and the plane was full so he won’t be leaving for his new assignment until tomorrow.  Since Mom & Dad were going to be home tonight, I asked them if they could watch Autumn for me so I could go to the temple.  I want to go twice in December to keep up my goal of going once a month, b/c I wasn’t able to go in October (I was in Slovenija & then the temple was closed for cleaning when I got back).  Mom said they could, so after work I went and got Autumn, rushed home and changed, took her over to their house, grabbed a bite to eat, and then headed for the temple. 

There was a bad accident on the freeway and even though I had left with plenty of time to spare, I knew I was going to be late and miss the ward temple night session, which started at 7:00.  So, I had a choice to make.  I could be naughty & break the law by getting in the HOV lane even though I was the only passenger or I could hope the wreck wasn’t too far ahead and that I would pass it soon.  I decided to be naughty & break the law.  I figured doing an endowment session takes precedence over the 12th Article of Faith (we believe…in obeying, honoring, & sustaining the law).

IMG_3450 It’s a good thing I did that, b/c I got to the temple with just 10 minutes to spare.  I made the 7:00 session and it was nice to be in a session with a group of people from the ward.  I sat next to Sis. Jarnagin and just love her so much.  She always asks how Autumn & I are doing.  I was kind of distracted during the session, I think my adrenaline was still pumping from being in such a rush to get there.  And, I didn’t sit in the celestial room for a little while like I usually do, b/c I knew I needed to hurry home to get Autumn & put her to bed.  But, I’m still so grateful that I got to go to the temple and even though I was naughty, get to do something nice for someone that they can’t do for themselves.

I picked up Autumn at Mom & Dad’s house and then took her home and put her to bed.  I stayed up too late (11:30) watching Golden Girls with Nick.  It’s such a funny show and there are lots of times where we literally laugh out loud.  This week has flown by and I can’t believe it’s already Friday tomorrow!  That means just 2 more days until my big class party on Saturday.  I’m so excited for it.

1 comment:

What I Did Today said...

Reminds me of the time I got my endowments out and my dear friend whom I'd invited to come was running late. So - he got in the HOV lane and went over the speed limit! Hahaha! I'm so glad he did so he could be there! And I'm sure in his case and yours the Lord was completely understanding. :)