CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Trip To Utah Tuesday

P1070384 I went into work this morning for a little bit just to help the lady taking my spot and finalize a few things before I left.  Then I took off at 11:30 and stopped at McDonald’s and got some food for Autumn & I.  Last night I was telling her the plan for today and that I would be coming to pick her up around lunch time.  Her eyes lit up and she asked me so excitedly if I was going to eat lunch w/ her in her classroom.  I told her we could definitely do that.  So, I ate lunch w/ her and you would have thought it was Christmas morning w/ how happy and excited she was.  I am glad we were able to share that fun experience together and that such a simple thing made her so happy.  She was making the boys at the table laugh and kept putting her Happy Meal box on her head.

P1070386 We came home for a little bit to put the final things in our suitcases, do the dishes, and then we went to Mom & Dad’s house.  We got out to the airport in plenty of time to check in, go through security, and find our gate.  The terminal area we were at was SO NICE!  They had these nice chairs w/ footrests to relax in.

P1070387 Autumn was excited to find one of her “peeps” next to a Texas Flag.  She was trying to copy the statue, but had her hands opposite of what he was doing.  LOL.

P1070389 These chairs were so comfy and plush!  Autumn was so relaxed she was just lounging in the chair.  I was trying to sneak a picture of her, but she saw me and pulled this silly face.

P1070390 We got on the plane and I had to laugh b/c no one pays attention to the safety card in the seat pocket, but Autumn had hers out and was following along when the flight attendants were doing their spiel.  She kept asking me a bunch of questions about the pictures.  I love that she’s so inquisitive.

P1070393 She wanted me to get a picture of the 2 of us together.  I tend to always look so haggard when I’m traveling.

P1070396 The flight was good except when we were getting close to landing in Denver.  The flight got really bumpy b/c there was a rain/thunderstorm going on that we had to try and go around.  They had us put up our window shades for safety reasons and we were just behind the wings, so the sun was shining off the wings and blinding us.  Luckily, we came prepared w/ some sweet sunglasses.

P1070399 We got off the plane and went straight for a restroom.  We were lucky and got the big handicapped one so Autumn & I could fit in there together w/ all our stuff.  She took a turn and then while I was taking my turn she sat down on her booster seat to wait.  Funny kid.

P1070400 We only had enough time to go potty before it was time to board our next flight.  Luckily, they were right there in the same area.  Autumn fell asleep on the flight from Denver to Utah before we even took off.  I just had her lay her head in my lap and I rubbed her back and played w/ her hair and she was out like a light.  The flight was only an hour, but took a little longer b/c there was this huge storm right over the airport and we had to keep circling until it was safe to land.  It was cool to see it from this perspective.  I’m so thankful that we had safe travels and got to our destination w/out incident.

P1070405 This was the sight that greeted us when Aunt Jill & Rufio picked us up!!!  Isn’t it gorgeous w/ that bright rainbow w/ Y Mountain in the background?  There was even a double rainbow a little while later.  I like to think that it was Utah’s way of welcoming me home! :)

P1070408 Aunt Jill asked if we had eaten dinner, and I realized we hadn’t and were both super hungry.  The last time we ate was at lunch, and we had only had drinks on the planes.  So, I asked if we could go to Cafe Rio for dinner.  I went in and got our orders to go, and I was SO EXCITED to at my sweet pork burrito w/ the creamy cilantro dressing.  My taste buds were SO HAPPY when we got home and ate.  YUM-O!

P1070410 Autumn was full of energy b/c she had had a nap.  So, Aunt Jill got out some books for her to read.  She was so cute and pretended she was the teacher and would “read” a page and then show us al the picture like they do at school.  What a kid.

P1070412We were talking and making plans for tomorrow and I was shocked to look at the clock and realize it was already 10:20 at night!!!  So, Autumn & I walked around to Rufio’s apartment so we could see what it looks like and check what time Rufio’s car appointment is for tomorrow.  Then we went back to Aunt Jill’s and got to sleep in the peach room upstairs.  I forgot how comfortable and soft that bed is.  Autumn & I both fell right to sleep.

No comments: