CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 14, 2012

A Veritable Smorgasbord

P1070790 Autumn Bottom is still coming home from school exhausted every day.  We’ll usually eat dinner and then she’ll snuggle w/ me or Mom or Dad on the couch and fall asleep.  I was in 7th heaven having her sleep while I held her.  Before she started Kindergarten, it was such a rare thing so we are really enjoying this while it lasts.  I love just looking down at her sweet little face and seeing her long eyelashes.  I can’t believe that I’m lucky enough to have her be mine.

P1070793 The sleeping didn’t last for long b/c Lexie & the crew came up for the weekend and once Andrew got here, Autumn was wide awake and ready to play.  For dinner we had a smorgasbord of food.  I brought the left overs we had from some catered food at work.  Then we cleaned out the fridge at home b/c we had a lot of left overs in there, too.  We had food lining the counters the whole way around the kitchen!  I couldn’t even fit all the food into the frame of this pic!  I couldn’t help but think of the song, “A Veritable Smorgasbord” from Charlotte’s Web.  I looked it up on youtube and just played it over and over while singing along.

 P1070803After we ate, Dad & Jon & the kids went to the local high school’s football game.  It was sprinkling on and off, so we didn’t think they would stay very long.  They were gone for about 2 hours and when they got home Dad said they had left at 1/2 time and told the kids the game was over.  The kids said they had a great time.  I love that Jackson is smiling in the background of this picture, too.  While they were gone, us ladies (& Jackson) just sat and talked and watched some TV.  We tried finding a chick flick on redbox, but couldn’t find anything good.  It was a fun night and we’re glad Lexie & Jon & the boys are here to play for the weekend.

No comments: