CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 15, 2013

Meteors & Asteroids & Sonic Booms, Oh My!

P1090114I had to document the craziness of the meteor shower injuring so many people in Russia today!  I paused the TV during the evening news and just took a picture of the screen.  What’s crazy is that there was also this huge asteroid that that was making a close pass to the Earth, and they were completely unrelated.  It just puts into perspective how small we really are in relation to the planets and universe and how little control we really have!

P1090109-001 Lexie & her family came up tonight for the weekend b/c Jon has a chiropractic conference near Ft. Worth on Saturday & Sunday.  I can’t believe how big Jackson has gotten!  He’s grown up so much.  I tried to be sneaky and get a picture of them all playing a game on my phone, but he looked up right when I was about to take the pic and gave me this super cheesy grin.  I LOVE it!  Then since I already had his attention I said, “say cheese!”  He yelled out, “CHEESE,” which surprised Lexie & Jon b/c they said they’ve never heard him say that word before.  It was a proud auntie/photography moment for me.

P1090116We had fun letting the kids play and run around and spend time w/ each other while we chatted and caught up w/ each other.  They played this game of “train chase” where they would hold onto each other and chase each other around the kitchen.  Lexie took this pic and even though it’s blurry, I think it’s cool how Autumn just happens to be in focus.  Go Lexie w/ your awesome photography skills!  I love how it captures the crazy, fast moving, frenzied and loud fun that the kids were having.

Autumn & I spent the night at Mom & Dad’s b/c she had earned it w/ our new points system we’re trying out.  When we first pulled up in Mom & Dad’s driveway, and before we even went in the house we sat in the car and talked for a minute and wrote out a list (on a 3x4 blank journaling card from Becky Higgins, that I always carry a handful of in my purse) of things she could do to earn points.  I told her if she didn’t earn all the points, then we would not be spending the night.  It worked like a charm!  She loved being able to go over to the list we put on the fridge and mark off when she had earned the points.  If she started to whine or not do what I asked her to do, I just reminded her of the points and getting to spend the night and she would shape right up.  I loved not having to yell or get angry and she loved knowing that we both agreed on the plan & points together.  A complete WIN-WIN in my book!

No comments: