CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 10, 2013

Welcome Home, Mom & Dad & Nick

P1090989 Welcome home, Mom & Dad & Nick!  Nate called this morning to talk for a while and it was good to chat w/ him.  I left work at 4:00 to go get Mom & Dad & Nick at the airport.  But, they were stuck in a huge long line to get through customs and there were only a few agents.  So, I left the airport and went to get gas for the car and to get Mom a soda w/ lots of ice.  By the time I made it back to the airport, they had gotten their luggage and were walking out.

It was 5:40 by this point, and I knew we would never make it to Autumn’s daycare before it closed.  So, I called Curt and he said he would go get her.  That was such a huge relief.  On the way home, I offered to stop and get dinner, but they said they just wanted to get home.  We stopped and got Autumn, came home, and Mom fixed grilled cheese & hot dogs for dinner.  LOL!  Mom said a lot of the Japanese people do this peace sign thing w/ both hands when they get their pics taken.

P1090992 Autumn was so excited to see all the fun presents that they brought back.  The best one was this gorgeous pink dress.

P1090994 I thought these little rice crackers were so cute.  The wrappers are printed to look like Geisha dolls.

P1090996Mom was able to find a Japanese nativity set to add to her collection.  I think that these Kokeshi dolls are so cool, and I’ve never seen a nativity that looks like this one.  Mom said they had Dad’s name written on the back of the Wiseman one in Japanese letters & her name on the back of the Mary & Joseph & Jesus one.

We’re SO GLAD they are home safe and sound and that they had a great time.  Having them gone made me realize how much I rely on them & how much they’re a part of mine & Autumn’s every day lives.  But, it also helped me realize that I have an incredible support system/friends.  I was able to reach out to friends a few times to help w/ Autumn and they were more than happy & willing to help.  That’s such a blessing!

No comments: