CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Jozet & Matt & Riannon

P1100434Today was a busy, busy day as soon as the clock hit 5:00.  I rushed to Autumn’s daycare to pick her up so we could go over to her school for “Meet The Teacher Night.”  She’s been really nervous about starting 1st Grade, but I think it helped her to meet her teacher and see her classroom.  I thing Autumn’s going to like being of of Miss French’s Firecrackers!

P1100435 After that, we were going to go to the local skate park for family night w/ the Dakins.  I even had Autumn’s bike & helmet in the back of my car.  But, earlier today Mom called & said that my cousin Jozet & her husband Matt were spur of the moment going to be coming through town on their way to get a horse trailer.  So, we went over to their house instead of the skate park.  We had a shrimp boil & then went swimming.  The water was the perfect temperature!

P1100438 The only bad thing was that we’d keep getting whiffs of a NASTY smell!  It smelled like a dead animal, but we never did figure out where it was coming from.  Dad even went and checked in and around and under all the bushes, but he couldn’t the source of the wretched smell.  He did, however, find this cute little preying mantis that crawled up on his back.

P1100441 This picture makes me laugh b/c it looks like the preying mantis is giving me the evil eye b/c he caught me taking his picture.  They really are such odd looking bugs.

P1100442 The sunset tonight was so pretty!  It was the perfect view to look at after we got out of the pool and were sitting on the patio eating our hot apple pie w/ a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!

P1100444 Even though Matt & Jozet had been up for 24 hours straight, Matt really wanted to watch the 2 new episodes of Duck Dynasty that we had recorded.  It was 8:50 pm by this time, so I was going to take Autumn home so she could go to bed, but Mom wanted me to stay and talk and laugh, so we had Autumn sleep on the special bed in Papa & Mimi’s room.  I should have taken pictures of everyone BEFORE we swam, instead of when we were all exhausted and ready for bed.  But, I’m just happy to have a picture at all.  It was SO WONDERFL to see Jozet & Matt since I haven’t seen them in years and years.

P1100445Here’s Nate & Riannon.  She flew in on the red eye late last night, and tonight was the first time that Autumn & I got to meet her.  She’s so fun & laid back & fits right in w/ us!  After they all went to bed, I did the dishes, cleaned up the kitchen & Mom & Dad & I watched Project Runway.  I’m SO GLAD that Tim Gunn used his save to keep the designer that was set to go home (I won’t say who b/c I don’t want to spoil it if you haven’t seen it).

I finally left Mom & Dad’s at 11:00, went home & did a load of whites, and then went to bed.  It was SO NICE to sleep in my bed by myself.

No comments: