CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Girl’s Weekend Day 2

IMG_1457 I got up at 7:30 after about only an hour of sleep.  We had biscuits & sausage gravy, bacon, & strawberries for breakfast.  After we cleaned up the kitchen, we jumped right into watching Downton Abbey Season 4.  We stayed in our jammies & just snacked on our treats for most of the morning.  Mary had to leave at 12:30 for a work thing she couldn’t get out of.  Curt came over to say hi for a little bit, too.  After he left, Melanie, Karri, my Mom & I had a very soul touching & deep bonding conversation.  As Glennon from Momastery says, we shared our “sacred scared.”  There were lots of tears, but also an incredible outpouring of the Spirit & unconditional love.  It was something I will treasure forever.

IMG_2900I texted Kylie to see if Autumn was being good.  Kylie texted this picture to me to show how much fun they were having!  I’m so thankful for these girls for loving Autumn & taking such good care of her.  She just adores them & was thrilled to get to spend the day w/ them.

IMG_1458 Mary finally came back from her work thing, and we jumped right into Downton Abbey again.  At 5:30, we took a break so Karri could take her car home since we were supposed to get a hail storm tonight.  I picked Autumn up while we were there, and then we stopped at Chick Fil’A & Chipotle to grab dinner for everyone.  I know this pic is blurry, but I had to post it.  I can’t even talk about this picture w/out getting emotional, b/c of how much gratitude & love I feel for each person sitting at this table.  I have been so blessed in my life to have MANY kindred spirits.  These ladies are some of the highest caliber that this world has to offer & the fact that they are all a part of my  life just makes my cup run over.

IMG_2901 After dinner, Autumn went & laid down in Mom & Dad’s room to watch a movie (and hopefully fall asleep) while we started back up w/ Downton Abbey.  Autumn didn’t fall asleep during her movie, so after it over around 9:30, I went & laid down w/ her on the twin mattress on the floor in Mom & Dad’s room until she finally fell asleep.  Curt came over in a creepy mask to scare us, so I’m glad I wasn’t out in the living room when that happened.  Dad made us smoothies, b/c we had to have some snacks to keep us fueled for all the hard work of watching TV, especially since we had been up so late the night before.

IMG_2902Mary & Karri were starting to fall asleep, so we stopped right before the 2 hour season finale.  We played another game of hand & foot, and they SKUNKED us by 7,530 points!  Karri told me to take a picture of the final score sheet like I had done last night, but I refused & said if there isn’t a pic of it, then it didn’t happen.  She took a pic & texted it to me.  LOL!  By this point, it was 12:30 am but they said they wanted to just finish the final episode & be done w/ it.  So, we put it in and within 10 minutes both Karri & Mary were sound asleep.  Melanie & I were troopers until the very end & stayed awake the whole time.  We finally went to sleep at 2:30 am, & I slept on the couch so I could actually get some sleep instead of staying awake all night.  I’m surprised that I functioned so well today on such a small amount of sleep.  Being around such good food & friends will do that to me.

No comments: