CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 18, 2014

“Mormon Prom” & Friday Night Fun At The Farm

IMG_1461 Tonight after work I hurried home & started some rice in the rice cooker.  I also checked on the creamy crock pot chicken I had put into the crock pot this morning.  I packed for overnight tonight & for the Easter party at the farm tomorrow.  Then at 6:30 I went over to Sis. Lee’s house to help her get ready for the 4 Laurels we had coming over to eat dinner before “Mormon Prom.”  Sis. Lee had her formal living room set up so fancy for the girls.

IMG_1481 They all looked so beautiful in their formal dresses!

IMG_1485 I just love Sis. Lee to pieces.  She is such a phenomenal person & I’m thankful that I get to serve with her in Young Women’s.

IMG_1491 Sis. Lee’s 2 girls & their friend that was playing at their house came downstairs all dressed up in their fancy dresses so they could be like the big girls.  I thought that was so adorable!!!

IMG_1494Bro. Foulger came & picked up the girls at 8:30 to chauffer them to the dance.  He was on chaperone duty anyways, so that made it easy.  He is such a neat guy & always teases Autumn when he sees her in the hall at church by saying, “Hey there, Winter!  How are you?”  Autumn will laugh & tell him that’s not her name.  Then he’ll say, “Oh, sorry!  Hi, Summer.  How ya doing?”

IMG_2926Anyways, after the girls left I went to pick Nick up at work at 9:00 when he was supposed to get off.  He didn’t get off until 9:30, and as soon as he did we hit the road.  We stopped at McDonalds to get him something to eat, and I got a big cup of diet Dr. Pepper to keep me awake for the 2 hour drive out to Uncle Robert & Aunt Sandy’s.  I posted this pic on Facebook & said I had a big cup of “sin juice.”  A bunch of people didn’t know what that is, so I had to clarify that in our family, that’s what we call any caffeinated drinks.  We love our “sin juice.”  On the drive to Aunt Sandy’s we got to see some cool fireworks going off for about 15 minutes as we drove past the Rangers baseball ball park.

glow sticks 1 We got to Aunt Sandy’s at 11:00 pm and stayed up talking to everyone for about an hour.  The Dad’s & Papa’s & kids were spending the night at the farm in tents.  Rocky posted this pic on Facebook that he took of the kids playing w/ the glow sticks Uncle Robert had given them.  HOW FUN!

No comments: