CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Ruth Dawson Hatch

IMG_0888I was sitting at my house on the couch when Aunt Jeri called tonight about 8:00 pm CDT to let me know that my Rufio had passed away.  It’s very bittersweet news. She was ready, her body was done, and it was her time. It is what we’ve been calling a “sad blessing.”  It’s sad for our family because we will miss her so much. But it’s a blessing for her. 

IMG_0887 She has been saying for over a decade that she was ready for Grandpa Jay to come get her, and she wondered why he wouldn’t come get her.  I am so happy for her and the wonderful reunion she is having with Grandpa Jay, and her parents, and other family and friends who are on the other side.

IMG_6415I am thankful for my knowledge and testimony of the Gospel, that this life is NOT the end, that families are forever, and that I WILL see her again.

IMG_9831 She was a beautiful person both inside and out.  I love this picture of Autumn rubbing her pretty hands.

IMG_1931 (2)Autumn & Rufio had a close connection, and they loved to bond of lipstick.  When Autumn was little she would say “whip tick” for lipstick.  It stuck, and Rufio always called her “my whip tick girl.”

IMG_9896  She was such a phenomenal woman & we are so lucky & blessed to have had her as our Grandma & Great Grandma.

P1100231I think this is the last picture I have of the 2 of us together.  It’s from July 2013.  She was more than just my Grandma, she was my close friend. I am thankful for my friendship with Rufio and for the great memories we have together. Like Grandpa Jay said, "all that matters is LOVE!"

IMG_5404 Rosy Posy is such a sweet elf and this is the note she left Autumn tonight, “Dear Autumn, I am so sorry to hear that Rufio died.  I know she loved you very much and that you are her special “whip tick” girl.  This angel ornament is to remind you of Rufio and how she will be in heaven watching over you.  Love, Rosy Posy.”

To be honest, it really hasn’t sunk in that she is dead.  I know that after she fell & hit the back of her head on the cement that she declined in health after that.  But, I wasn’t there to witness her decline and I get to remember her as a my happy & healthy & vibrant Rufio!

No comments: