CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 12, 2015

Cheesecake & A Broken Bed

IMG_7774 It was HARD getting up this morning and going to work. I felt like I could have slept for at least 4 more hours. But, I knew I had a LOT of work waiting for me since the girl filling in for me just did the basics like charging credit cards. I got straight to work as soon as I sat down at my desk and worked super hard to get caught up. I was plugging along and doing great until 4:00 when I realized that I had gotten NO emails at all today. I had been catching up on all the old emails and didn’t notice I had no new ones. So, I restarted my computer and when I opened outlook I had 48 emails come flooding in. I got through as many of them as I could before 5:00 on top of getting my end of the week reports out. I was so happy when it hit 5:00 so I could pack up my stuff and hit the road.

I hit some major traffic through Dallas, but once I finally got south of the metroplex the traffic eased up. I stopped to get some gas b/c I was on 1/4 of a tank. I had to snap this picture for Autumn b/c I thought it was a cool graphic representation of an American Indian.

IMG_7776 The sunset was so pretty as I got closer to Austin. I love these summer days when the sun stays in the sky past 8:00 pm!

IMG_7782 I got to Lexie’s around 8:40 pm and was so happy to see my Autumn Girl again and give her a big hug and hear all about her fun adventures at Aunt Lexie’s house. We had some yummy thin crust pizza and salad for dinner, and then once the kids were in bed we broke out the chocolate cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. It was so good and so rich that I barely finished my piece. We had fun talking and laughing w/ Miss Donna (Lexie’s neighbor).

We finally called it a night around 10:30 b/c we were all so tired and could barely keep our eyes open. In Lexie’s guest room she has a queen sized bed, and it has a little mesh gate thing up near the head of the bed so that Jackson doesn’t fall out when he sleeps in there. So, I knelt on the end of the bed to climb in and heard a loud crack! I looked and had broken the underneath support beam of the bed!!! This big queen bed only has 3 small boards supporting the whole thing! I guess Jon will have to get some cinder blocks tomorrow to put under there to help support it. I guess I should have only eaten half of my piece of cheesecake instead of the whole thing! LOL!

No comments: