CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father’s Day 2015

dad shoe shine signI got to talk to Mom & especially Dad yesterday to wish him a Happy Father’s Day. To celebrate the day, he went to church early and set up a shoe shine station. Doesn’t my Mom have the prettiest handwriting?!?!

dad shoe shineThis is what Mom put on her Facebook page, “He went early to polish all the men's shoes in the new branch before and after church. Then did our wards men's shoes the next time slot. What a great example of service. There isn't a shy bone in his body. P.S. He did stop long enough to attend our sacrament meeting.” Dad also said there were about 15-20 cute little kids that wanted to have their shoes shined. So he had them all line up and he just went along w/ the brush and gave them a super quick shoe shine. He said they were so excited, and that was the best part of the day for him. What a remarkable man!!! I’m so lucky to have him as my Dad and for Autumn to have him as her Papa.

IMG_7942 Autumn & I have gotten out of the habit of taking pictures together before church on Sundays. I want to make an effort to start doing that again. It was nice that I didn’t have any meetings before or after church today b/c it was Father’s Day.

IMG_7945 Liz said she had something for me, and it ended up being a plate of homemade cookies from Steve! They were over at his house last night and he sent a plate of his cookies w/ her to give to me! I texted him telling him thank you so much and how it’s the best Father’s Day present! LOL.

IMG_7946Sis. T taught the lesson in Laurels today about priesthood keys and she gave us all these treats at the end of the lesson. I love this big old fashioned looking key that she gave us, and I didn’t realize it had any words on it until one of the Laurels said that hers said “journey” on hers. I turned mine over and was beyond ecstatic that mine said “memory.” How perfectly fitting for me, b/c I’m such an avid photographer & memory keeper. It was like a little message from heaven just for me.

After church we came home, had some dinner, and just relaxed for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Jen T said...

What a cool thing for your dad to do on Father's day! That is awesome! Those cookies look yum! Love your pre-church photo, and your YW handout. That is great! Hope you are well!