CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Back To Life, Back to Reality

 We got into Dubai around midnight, and our flight from Dubai to DFW didn't leave until 3:00 am. So, we had some time to kill. We found a comfy place to sit w/ plenty of space for all our bags and carry ons. As you can see, Autumn was so tired that she just laid down and slept for a while. I was shocked at how busy the Dubai airport was, especially since it was so early in the morning. I asked one of the ticket agents if it's always like this and he said yes b/c they have flights coming and going 24 hours a day!

We had to stop and get a picture in front of the Emirates sign b/c we love flying Emirates. Poor Autumn was not very happy that we woke her up to go to our gate. We have a 15 hour flight ahead of us!

It was so bittersweet to see the Dallas skyline. Our flight got in around 9:00 am, but we didn't leave the airport until 11:00! The way they had the customs are set up was RIDICULOUS! They had one line of people going to 2 customs agents. They had us get in a line that had THREE lines of people going to 1 customs agent??? It took forever to get through. We were so thankful to see Sis. Wright waiting for us!

We loaded up the van and Jon drove us back to Nate & Riannon's house. We opened a few suitcases of things Mom & Dad had sent home w/ us that Lexie & Jon needed to take home. Then we said our goodbyes and got one last picture. Note to self ... selfie sticks make for blurry pictures. Lexie & Jon hit the road b/c they still had a 4 hour drive ahead of them. Autumn & I got some McDonald's for lunch and then came home to eat.

I checked in with work to let them know I was back, and my boss asked if there was anyway I could come in, b/c payroll is due first thing tomorrow morning and I'm the only one that knows how to do it! So, I took Autumn over to Nate & Riannon's and I went into work from 1:00 - 5:00. I told him to triple check my work just to make sure I didn't make any mistakes b/c I was running on about 4 hours of sleep.

After work I went & got Autumn, we came home, had a little something to eat, and went to bed at 7:30! We were both so tired and want to get back into our normal Texas time schedule. Like the song says, "back to life, back to reality."

No comments: