Monday, October 31, 2016

End To Our Exciting El Salvador Excursions ~ Day 5 & Happy Halloween!!!

 I only got about 2 hours of sleep last night, b/c I watched Poldark until midnight while I edited and uploaded pictures. It was a GOOD episode, and I can't believe there's only one episode left in this season. I'll just have to buy it on DVD so I can rewatch it whenever I want.

 I tossed & turned until it was time to wake up at 3:00 am! Mom & Dad left this cute setup for Nick & Savi in the master bedroom. They'll be staying at the house we rented for the next 3 days so they can have privacy and a nice place to hang out for their honeymoon.

 We got to Savi's house by 4:00 am so her Dad could go w/ us to the airport. Not only did her Dad come, but also her Mom, Yaso (sister), and her aunt! They're crazy to get up so early. We said our goodbyes at the airport and then Savi's Dad took the keys to the van and off they went. Here we are waiting to get checked in.

 As you can see, we were there PLENTY early and pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. But, since El Salvadorians usually run an hour late, we figured we'd better account for that. I'd rather be early and sit and wait then have to be rushing.

 We also got to see a GORGEOUS sunrise. This pic isn't very good, b/c I had to take the pic through several layers of glass. I love how you can see Mom's reflection in the glass on the left hand side and she's fast asleep.

 We got to take a bus about 200 yards away to get on the plane from the terminal.

 Then we got to walk on the tarmac a little bit to actually board the plane. We felt so fancy!

 The windows of the plane were DIRTY, but I still wanted to get a pic of this smoking volcano out the window as we flex by. It's CRAZY to think we started our morning looking at an active volcano in El Salvador and within 4 hours we were back home in Texas! I'm so thankful for technology and modern aviation.

 We got through customs and the passport check point SUPER FAST, and there were NO LINES! Woot Woot! We got picked up right away by the shuttle to be taken to our vehicle. I started laughing so hard when I saw this cup sitting on the bed of the truck. Nate had set it there and forgotten about it when we left on Thursday, and it was STILL THERE and still had Sprite in it. It must not have been windy at all while we were gone!!! TOO FUNNY!

 It was lunchtime, so we stopped at Firehouse Subs for lunch. It was DELICIOUS, and it was so nice to be able to drink the water straight from the fountain instead of having to get bottled water.

The birds must be going south for the winter, b/c there were THOUSANDS of them! The electrical wires were COVERED and then something would spook them and they'd all take off. We dropped Nate off at home, and then to the mechanic so I could pick up my car. It's been having issues starting even though I have a brand new battery. I had it looked at while I was gone and didn't need it. I was hoping it was a $100 alternator or starter. Nope, it was a $500 fuel injection pump/system! Luckily, I trust my mechanic implicitly and so I had them go ahead and fix it while I was gone.

 I ran to WalMart to get a few things, and then went to Autumn's Halloween Party at daycare. She didn't want to dress up, and was the teacher's helper.

 We had signed up to bring cheese puffs, and the kids went CRAZY over this big huge container of them. Autumn enjoyed getting to go around and serve the younger kids food. One of her many gifts is being loving & nurturing to others. It was a proud Mama moment to sit back and watch her do her thing that's she's so gifted at.

 After the party we went to D's house to pick up Autumn's stuff. I'm so thankful for them keeping Autumn so I could go to El Salvador. I didn't have to worry about her once, and she had A BLAST! When we got home, one of my visiting teachers was just pulling up to leave me a belated birthday treat. I LOVE these beautiful white roses and sweet treats. She's so thoughtful.

 Autumn hurried and got on her costume and I put her hair in a French braid, and we got her make up done.

 I'm biased b/c she's mine, but I think she makes a GORGEOUS & REGAL Cleopatra. 

 We are so thankful for the D family (different than the D family that kept Autumn for me), for inviting us to their Halloween party every year. This year there were a lot more people than in years past, and it made it even more fun. There was A LOT of food to choose from. YUM!

 We're ready to PAR-TAY!!!

 Here's part of this year's crew waiting in line for food. We were able to have it out in their backyard this year, which was perfect for the kids to run and play. The weather was so gorgeous.

 We're missing a few of the smallest kids, and not everyone is looking but this is the best one we could get. So cute!!!

 Autumn & Gracie getting ready to get their Trick-or-Treat on.

 This pic is blurry, but to me it represents the quintessential Halloween childhood. Running around the neighborhood w/ friends to collect candy. It made me so happy to capture this moment in time of innocence and happiness. 

 The amount of kids backed up to get candy at this house had me cracking up!

 It was so fun to see Craig & Karri, and of course we had to get a picture w/ them.

 I LOVE this silhouette outline of Autumn coming down the stairs.

 There was a kid wearing this AWESOME dinosaur costume. I have a full blown phobia of mascots and people in costume where I can't see their face. But, I wasn't scared of this one b/c I could see the kid's face inside the costume. Plus, he wasn't running around trying to scare anyone. He was just standing there.

 We had to leave the trick-or-treating early b/c I was taking Autumn over to Nate & Riannon's. Mom was over there watching Spencer so they could take Olivia trick-or-treating. I went to Cheesecake Factory w/ my friends, b/c Mel is in town visiting from Washington. It was SO GOOD to see her, and felt like she had never left. We sure miss her and hope they'll move back this summer. It was so great to catch up w/ everyone while eating delicious food.

I didn't realize how late it was b/c we were having so much fun, but it was 10:30 by the time I got home! Mom & Dad are such troopers to bring Autumn home and put her to bed for me. Especially since we were all EXHAUSTED from such an early and jam packed day. I'm so thankful we made it home safe and sound and that we have such magnificent memories of our time in El Salvador.

No comments: