CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Emma Dog

 Autumn & I got up at 7:00 this morning and were as quiet as we could be so we didn't wake everyone up. The sunrise was so beautiful! We were driving for 45 minutes when Frank called to say someone had found Autumn's glasses!

 So, we turned around and went back. He met us halfway and that ended up being at a random place on the side of the road. It was so good to see him again and give him a proper kiss goodbye. Autumn & I walked into our house at 11:20 am, went potty, changed into church clothes, and made it to my visiting teaching appointment at 11:30! WHEW!!!

Then, we went straight to church. It was fast Sunday since General Conference is next week, and we found out our Stake President that we LOVE is going to be released! So sad. I got to teach in Relief Society, and it wasn't very excited about the topic when I first got it. It was a talk by Elder Holland called "Emissaries to the Church." It was all about home teaching, and half of the talk didn't even apply to our ward b/c we don't live in a place where it's hard to reach the people we teach.

I felt inspired to have us sing Hymn #220, "Lord, I Would Follow Thee." I had printed off the words to the song so everyone could write and take notes if they wanted to.

  1. 1. Savior, may I learn to love thee,
    Walk the path that thou hast shown,
    Pause to help and lift another,
    Finding strength beyond my own.
    Savior, may I learn to love thee--
  2. (Chorus)
    Lord, I would follow thee.
  3. 2. Who am I to judge another
    When I walk imperfectly?
    In the quiet heart is hidden
    Sorrow that the eye can't see.
    Who am I to judge another?
  4. 3. I would be my brother's keeper;
    I would learn the healer's art.
    To the wounded and the weary
    I would show a gentle heart.
    I would be my brother's keeper--
  5. 4. Savior, may I love my brother
    As I know thou lovest me,
    Find in thee my strength, my beacon,
    For thy servant I would be.
    Savior, may I love my brother--
We ended up having a really great discussion and I just had to guide the conversation a little bit. We also talked about what it means to be an emissary, or "person sent on a special mission." The Spirit was so strong in the room as sisters shared how important it is to have good home & visiting teachers. It really is the Lord's way to keep track of His children.

After church we dropped Christy off, rushed to Mom & Dad's, scarfed down some food in 15 minutes, and then left to go visiting teaching at 5:00.  Then we left from there and rushed home to be there by 6:00 when our home teachers got there. After they left, we had a little snack. Frank sent me this picture to show me how many fish we caught in the little trap we set in the stream yesterday. So cool!

We went over and visited the family that Emma lives with, b/c Mom & Dad were going to stop by and say hi before they leave on their next mission. Emma has SEWER PIPE breath, but I didn't care and was happy to just have snuggles from her. The sticky note on my shirt was made for me by the sweetest little girl and she wanted me to wear it.

Emma HATES my phone for some reason & every time I'd try to get a picture, she'd turn away. Of the 20 or so that I took, this is the best one I could get where she wasn't blurry.

It was so fun to see Emma again, and also the M Family. They've taken such good care of her for the past 4 years.

The skies were looking foreboding when we left to get home so Autumn could finish her homework. There was a bad hail storm that moved through the area just north of us. Cars were damaged big time, but we didn't even get any rain where we were! Autumn was ready for bed, b/c we had had such a long & jam packed weekend!

No comments: