CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Senior Drive By Celebration


This evening a bunch of people from our ward (church congregation) met up at a local elementary school to do a Senior Drive By. We drove past all the houses of the Seniors in our ward that are graduating to wave and honk and congratulate the graduates. Alisa & I cut out early so we could get home in time to watch everyone drive past our house.

While we were waiting, several neighbors saw Spencer outside in his graduation cap & gown and stopped to say congratulations. A lady even offered to take our family picture for us w/ my phone.

A bunch of the cars were decorated and kids were hanging out the windows w/ signs and balloons. A few cars even threw him some candy leis. He said he felt so special. I'm beyond thankful for great leaders that put this all together to make it a special occasion in this crazy time of COVID lockdown to still make our Seniors feel important.

Alisa's face that says, "I'm pleased with myself," or "I'm cute and I know it."

I guess our excursions today wore her out b/c she sprawled out on the floor like this to watch cartoons.

The boys had plenty of energy and even got out the boxing gloves to have a pretend fight.

Alisa wore Daddy out and they snuggled together in the chair to watch some TV (although I'm pretty sure Frank fell asleep).

No comments: