CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Party at the Farm


Today was such a wonderful day. The only bad part was that Autumn & I were supposed to meet up with my best friend, Tara, and her husband, Michael, to go to the Ft. Worth zoo. But both Autumn & Michael were sick, so we didn't see each other this morning and just took it easy. In the afternoon, we packed up with Lexie, Jon, Andrew, and mom and went out to Sandy & Robert's farm for an Easter egg hunt and feast. On the way there, Autumn got a 103 temp all of a sudden. So we stopped and Jon adjusted her and then I gave her some meds when we got to the farm and she was perky and ready to go in about 10 minutes. I just love this picture, b/c you can see the excitement on her face of what the day will hold for her.




Here's the crew. They had a fire pit and had some dutch oven potatoes and brisket, which was to die for. They also had fruit salad with fresh and yummy pineapple, mangoes, strawberries, and blackberries. We ate and then got started with the various activities.




Jon, Lexie, and Andrew enjoyed the swing.




Autumn & I went and roasted some marshmallows to make S'mores. I just love the expression on her little face. She loved EVERYTHING we did today and that just made it so much more enjoyable for me.




After that, we took a little walk to the pond to see what the boys were up to. I love it when she looks up at me and wants me to hold her hand. She grasps my pointer finger with her cute and chubby little hand and just smiles at me with her sparkly eyes, and all is right with the world.




We found the boys fishing. It was so cute to see them all sitting there on the edge of the pond with their fishing gear. They caught one, and as you can tell, Shane (the one in the dark blue shirt) was NOT happy about it. He loves to fish and reel in the catch, but he does NOT like seeing the fish once it's caught. Poor guy.




The two dogs provided some entertainment. One of the fish died b/c the hook was in it's gills and it was floating on the top of the pond. However, the dogs decided that this fish was a toy. We threw the fish back, but the dog swam out to the middle of the pond and kept bringing it back to shore. GROSS!




I just loved this picture of Uncle Robert with his dog walking along the pond bank with his fishing gear.




Next on the agenda was the Easter egg hunt for the kids. Anytime we get all the 2nd cousins together, we try to get a picture of them all together.
Shane, Autumn, Andrew, Caleb, Brooke




This picture was just so serene to me. Some people went out on the pond in the kayak. Autumn and I sat on a blanket and watched, and she was tired so we laid down and took a nap next to the pond. How many people can say they took a nap near a pond on a day with perfect weather surrounded by family and friends and good times? I am truly blessed.





Autumn was such a cutie the whole time there. She just had a sparkle in her eyes the whole time and she was enthralled with everything we did.




I loved this picture to...a boy and his dog.




Doesn't this look like so much fun? Robert & Sandy with Autumn & Brooke on the tractor with Rocky and Shane in the front bucket part and Emily out on the pond in the kayak. TOO FUN!




While we were sitting around the fire pit talking, I saw this little mouse scurry across the leaves. I'm not a big fan of rodents, but this mouse was so tiny and little that I thought it was cute.
(Yes, there's a mouse in this picture. He's right in the middle above that yellowish leaf).




This is the little walkway from the pond to the berm around it. I thought it was also very picturesque and serene.




It turns into a little brook that runs into the woods. This would be such a fun place to have little boat races.




On the way out the farm, there are 2 houses that are built like this. They remind me of Star Wars for some reason. I wonder what they look like inside?




Last stop of the day was Aunt Sandy's to see the baby chicks they had in their garage. They keep them there so they can stay warm until they're old enough to go to the farm. Autumn was not afraid of them at all and liked petting them.




I loved this picture with the dainty purple flowers against the green blades.




This is the perfect end to the day...we were all worn out, but had so much fun. I thought this picture was funny, b/c Lexie's glasses are resting on her forehead, not her nose. And she's so tired, she doesn't even know or care. It was an AMAZING day and just too much fun for words (that's why I posted so many pictures.)

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss my Autumn Bottom, but I'm glad that you all were able to get some enjoyment out of the day. I am sorry she ran fever though. Take care of our sweet baby now! I love y'all tons, and I hope you all had a great Easter holiday! We'll have to get together soon when all is feeling better

Holly said...

Looks like the PERFECT day! What a beautiful place too! I only wish we had even a tiny bit of green here... nope just brown and there's even still some snow!

Nikole said...

Looks like you had a true old fashioned Easter celebration! I like your blog and I'll probably check back often! Your daughter is precious.

Chantri said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Your blog is too cute. I am so jealous of your Easter activities. What a gorgeous farm...and beautiful family you have. I'll be back soon! :)

Jeremy said...

I love Autumn's fifi. She's adorable- I love you guys!

The Brown's said...

That place was beautiful! What a neat Easter. Hope Autumn is feeling better and you are all rested :)