CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Hand Caught In the Cookie Jar


Do you ever have those moments where you are completely embarrassed and wish you could go back and take back what you said? Well, that totally happened to me today. I was needing help with an account at work and I had to call the people that developed the software. The lady in tech support that answered tried to help me and even had to log onto my computer remotely so she could see my screen. After about an hour of trying to help me, she couldn't figure out the problem either. (I only call them if the problem is really bad, b/c I'm a smart girl and can usually figure things out on my own). Anyways, so she says she'll have her supervisor look at it and call me back. After about 30 minutes, she calls back and gives me some LAME excuse as to why it happened, and I asked if they could make sure it won't happen in the future, b/c it involved a customer's credit card getting charged twice when it shouldn't have.






Anyways, I told her thank you and then proceeded to instant message a friend in Florida that works with us from there. I was telling Chantal (my friend on IM) that this lad was stupid and didn't help at all and calling the software place for help is always a waste b/c they can never help us. Well, all of a sudden I see a little window pop up from the software lady that said, "We're not all stupid. Sorry." I had forgotten that she still had access to my screen! I about DIED when I read that and felt so bad. She had been nice and tried to help me, but hadn't and I was just venting about it.





So, the moral of the story is to always be careful about what you write, type, and say, b/c you never know who is listening.

No comments: