CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Homemade Slip N' Slide


Liz and Liberty wanted to come over this afternoon and try doing a homemade "Slip 'N' Slide" in the backyard on our hill. I wasn't brave enough to try it yet, so I sent Autumn down with Liberty.




She wasn't thrilled about it, but had a fun time I think. She mostly liked playing in the puddle at the end of it where I sat and took pictures.




Liberty got going pretty fast down the hill. He was the most adventurous out of the group, that's for sure.




After that, Liz wanted to have a turn. As you can see, it was a lot harder than Liberty made it look.




She finally made it all the way to the end, but she was screaming the whole way down b/c the ground was bumpy and there were rocks.





They made it look like so much fun, that I decided to give it a try. I wanted to keep my dress on, b/c Liz had said it hurt her butt, so I wanted at least a thin layer between me and the plastic. However, I couldn't get going down fast enough, so I had to skooch (is that a word) my dress up.




All of a sudden and before I knew what was happening, I was sliding down that slide so dang fast! I went off to the side and came to a stop after taking out a huge chunk of grass.




"OW! That was not at all fun, and look at my back side and hands!"

Right after taking this picture, I realized I was standing in an ant pile and got some fire ant bites on my foot. I was done w/ the Slip 'N' Slide after that.




After that, we all had sore backsides, so we went and jumped in the pool. I spotted a dragonfly that had gotten his wings went and couldn't fly. We saved it and let it's wings dry off. I thought the lime green and striped tail was cool.




I also thought it was interesting how the wings had little gold sections on the upper right hand side of them. I wonder what that is for? It was a fun afternoon!!!

1 comment:

Charlotta-love said...

It's like ice blocking! Did you ever do that in Provo?