CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Lights, Jammies, And An Eventful Walk

IMG_7304 There is this house on the way home from work. Actually, it’s not a house, it’s more like a mansion. They had it all decked out for Halloween, and Christmas was no exception. You can’t really tell from this picture, but it was COVERED in lights. It has huge falling snowflakes, a 20 foot Christmas tree, huge picture displays of lights, etc. It is so cool to look at.

IMG_7311 Mom got these new footed pajamas for Autumn and she loved them. Autumn hasn’t been feeling too good since yesterday (you can see how flushed and red her cheeks are). She went to bed as soon as we got home, but I had to get this picture of her in her cute jammies first.

IMG_7312 We wanted to do something fun instead of just sitting and watching TV. So, we did a 1,000 piece puzzle, but it was one we had done before so some of the pieces were still together. We did it in about an hour. While we were doing it, we had a bag of peanut M&M’s on the table and next thing I knew, I had eaten about 3 handfuls of them w/out even thinking about it. So, I talked Lexie into going on a walk around the neighborhood with me.

IMG_7316 We put Andrew in the stroller and took flashlights w/ us. It was really dark out there, but I still had to get some pictures. We decided to walk up to the entrance to our subdivision b/c there is a little hill there and we wanted some sort of a work out.

IMG_7317 We turned around to walk back to the house and I told Lexie to let the stroller go and we would chase Andrew down the hill to get us to run. At first he didn’t even roll forward b/c there wasn’t enough of an incline. But next thing we knew, the stroller w/ him strapped into it was rolling down the hill faster than we could keep up w/ it. The stroller veered off onto the grass, into a shallow ditch and Andrew tipped over. He wasn’t hurt at all and didn’t even cry. He just said, “AHH!” Lexie and I ran over to him and this is what we saw…

IMG_7318 …he does NOT look happy. But he was fine. Lexie and I were laughing so hard we were doubled over holding our stomachs and crying. It was the funniest thing ever. So we picked Andrew up and started the walk back home. Lexie was walking kind of funny, like a bow-legged cowboy. I asked her what was wrong and this is what I saw when we got home…

IMG_7319 …classic Lexie. It was the best walk EVER and one I will not forget. I now have a rip roaring headache from laughing so hard. Thanks for the good memories, Lex!!!

1 comment:

Jobi Niu said...

I can't believe that house all decked out.. I love it! Autumn in her cute freaking jammies. I want a girl! Is she feelin any better? I'm fighting the flu right now.. ugh! FUNNY story with your sister.. ha ha ha