CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Tender Mercy In Yellow Crayon

IMG_7647This morning I was looking through Autumn’s artwork that we bring home from daycare every Friday. Usually it’s just stuff that I throw away. However, there was this orange envelope in amongst the artwork that said “To: Mommy”. I wondered what it was and opened it up to find this little letter:

When I looked at it, it said “Dear Mommy” at the top and then “Love, Autumn” at the bottom. I looked at it and thought that was lame that there was nothing written in the middle. Autumn can’t write any letters yet, but I figured that her teachers could have at least help her written a cute note inside.

I was getting ready to crumple it up and throw it away when the light hit the note just right and I was able to see that Autumn had drawn some scribbles on the note w/ a yellow crayon (you might have to click on the picture to make it bigger so you can see it, too). I don’t know why, but I got all teary eyed and realized that this was a life changing moment. I luckily saw that she had put a note for me. I imagined that it said that she loves me and appreciates all I do for her and that she’s glad I am her Mom. It also made me realize that I need to slow down and look for the little (sometimes hidden things) that mean so much. I feel that it was a tender mercy from the Lord.

Who knew that a little note from daycare could be so profound and so life CHANGE-ing for me?

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

That is really cute. Thanks for checking my blog and keeping in touch. I saw pictures of Autumn in her little Piglet costume for Halloween on Lexie's blog. They were super cute!

kcwatson said...

Awwww, sweet note from Autumn. I can see the yellow crayon just fine from my computer. I did the collages on my blog with the program Picasa. If you don't have it you can download it for free. Just google it and I'm sure you can find it. It has a lot of fun tools like a movie maker, slide shoes, and of course the collages. They were really fun to make!