CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Eventful Evening

IMG_8851 Today when I went to pick up Autumn at daycare, I was met by a very UNPLEASANT surprise. It was pizza day, and Papa John’s pizza was there selling pizzas for dinner. However, as you can see on the left hand side of the picture, they not only had pizza, they had a guy dressed up in a costume as a slice of pizza. Now usually most people wouldn’t think anything of it and think it’s a great gimmick to get parents to buy pizza for dinner. However, I was completely and utterly terrified to walk into the daycare to go get Autumn. I would have made Alison go get her except that Alison isn’t on the approved list of people that can pick Autumn up.

The reason that slice of pizza terrified me so much is that I am deathly afraid of people in costumes. I have a phobia and it freaks me out and I turn into a little kid and just cry and cry. But, I knew I had to go in and get Autumn so I literally RAN to the door, looked away from the guy in the costume (b/c if he had tried to hand me anything or talk to me I would have freaked out), yelled at the girl standing there that opens the door to hurry and let me in, and I raced past her into the daycare. The lady at the front desk that sits inside asked me if I was OK and I told her no, I am freaked out by people in costumes. I went to Autumn’s class room, picked her up, and then braced myself to walk past that stupid slice of pizza again. I held Autumn up and hid my face behind her so I didn’t have to see the costume and RAN back to the car.

Alison and the ladies at the daycare were laughing so hard b/c I’m sure it really was funny to see this big grown woman freaking out about a costume of a slice of pizza. And once I knew I was safe in my car, did I dare to get out my camera to take a picture, b/c at that point it was really funny. I have no idea why I have this phobia, but I’ve had it ever since I was as little girl and I thought I would outgrow it, but I never have.

IMG_8854 On the way home, Mom called and told me she wanted to go try Cheddar’s, b/c one just opened a few miles from our house and I had raved about how great it was. So, Autumn & I drove home and picked her up and we all went to Cheddar’s. The parking lot was full, but this place is HUGE and there were plenty of open seats. Autumn had fun peeking over the brick wall at a little girl on the other side while we waited for our food. They kept playing peek-a-boo. I asked her if that was her new friend and Autumn just smiled and nodded her head.

IMG_8856 Mom got the grilled chicken alfredo pasta, and as you can tell she was enjoying every bite. I decided to try and be healthy and get the grilled lemon chicken w/ broccoli and carrots as my sides. It was extremely good and very healthy. I love Cheddar’s, b/c their portions are really big. Mom and I only ate 1/2 of what they brought us and we were both full. So now we have yummy leftovers for tomorrow.

IMG_8857 But, my healthy dinner choice went down the tubes when we decided to get the Cookie Monster. Mom wanted to try it b/c I’d told her how dang good it is. I really think it’s too much for just 2 people to eat, but it was the perfect amount for 3 when I had it w/ Liz & Liberty. Anyways, it was so good that I almost was tempted to lick the skillet just to get every last amazing drop of ooey gooey goodness. So much for eating healthy! LOL!

IMG_8858 Autumn was a cutie tonight and was waving at everyone as we walked out of the restaurant. I can’t believe how fast she’s growing and how much she is changing. I love my Little Bug, and it was fun to spend the evening w/ her and Mom.

1 comment:

The Watson's said...

Seth and I are obsessed with Cheddar's! I am so jealous!