CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Interesting Things

IMG_9063 Today on the way to work this truck was in front of us on the road.  I thought it was funny that the words on the back of it were TOY and TACO!  I think it’s supposed to be TOYota TACOma, but it just says TOY TACO w/ Team Shark in the middle.  Not to mention this truck had big huge tires on it.  I just thought it was funny.

IMG_9065 Then today Don came into the office and wanted to go to lunch.  We went to Which Wich.  I had heard great things about that place, but I wasn’t really impressed.  It was a good sandwich, but not for $6.  It was really small and didn’t even begin to curb my hunger.  I won’t be going there again anytime soon.  I like to get a lot of bang for my buck and this just didn’t cut it.  But, the company was nice and we had an interesting conversation.

IMG_9072 Mom & Dad called at 4:00 to say they were going to go pick up Autumn from daycare for me.  It has been thundering and lightning today.  I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE rain and thunder storms.  They make me so happy.  Anyways, when I got home I found Dad and Autumn looking at this thing on the counter.

IMG_9066 I don’t now if it’s a butterfly or a big cool moth or what?  I’ve never seen a green butterfly w/ a split swallow’s tail.  It was so cool looking, though.  The antennas on it looked liked feathers, and it’s body was really soft and fuzzy looking.  The detail and color on the wings were really fascinating.

Last night and tonight, Connie and I went visiting teaching.  To be completely honest, I don’t usually like visiting teaching.  I used to think it would be a good idea that if people wanted to sign up to be visit taught or to visit teach others they could and it could just be a voluntary thing if you want to participate in it or not.  However, I am starting to change my mind b/c I have a really great partner that helps motivate me to go visiting teaching and I really do love the 3 ladies that we visit teach.

I taught the lesson this month and it’s about strengthening the family.  I took kind of a different approach and talked about how we need to figure out what gifts and talents we’ve been blessed with and use those gifts to bless and strengthen those around us.  Whether that’s at home w/ our families, at work w/ our co-workers, at church, etc.  I’m still giving a lot of thought to what gifts I’ve been given and what gifts I want to work on developing.  I know one gift I want to work on is having a better attitude and not letting little petty things put me in a bad mood.  Anyways, it’s good to have moments of introspection.

No comments: