CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lovely Evening

IMG_9759 Tonight we came home and the weather was PERFECT!  We went outside and let the kids stick their feet in the pool and play on the Shamu shelf.

IMG_9761 We had Vietnamese food for dinner…SO YUMMY!  What’s w/ the face, Nick?

IMG_9762 I’ll make a face of my own…look at all those spring rolls.  They are so good and have such good flavor.  We were first introduced to Vietnamese food by Kim in Colorado.  We’ve loved it ever since.

IMG_9765 Autumn likes the noodles the best and eats them like a little baby bird.  What a funny kid.

IMG_9767 I thought this was a good fortune in my fortune cookie.

IMG_9770 After we ate, Uncle Curt came over and we went to see the baby goats.  Curt told Autumn to give the goat a kiss, but the goat is the one that leaned in to give Autumn a kiss.

IMG_9773 These baby goats are so dang cute.  However, Jill, the little girl one is having a hard time walking.  Her legs won’t straighten out and we’ve had to feed her w/ a bottle to get her some nourishment.

IMG_9789 I was going to go to bed early tonight, but had to wait up until Jon drove up from Austin.  He brought this cake from the Cake Plate for his & Lexie’s 6th Anniversary/Happy House Warming to me/Happy It’s Springtime/anything else we could think of to celebrate! LOL!

IMG_9791 I wish I could describe to all of you how delicious and delightful and decadent this cake is.  This is no ordinary cake…this is THE BEST cake I have ever had (and I’ve had a lot of different cakes in my life).  It’s a Mexican vanilla cake and it is so flavorful and moist and the frosting just melts in your mouth.  I wish I could share some with all of you.

IMG_9792 But since I can’t share with all of you, I’ll just lick the knife for y'all so as not to waste a single delectable crumb of this cake.  It was worth every drop of sweat on the elliptical to work off the calories.

No comments: