CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

IMG_9720 Today while waiting for Alison to come out for us to carpool to work, I noticed the most GORGEOUS iris flower in her front flowerbed. It had purple and white petals on the same flower, which I had never seen before.

IMG_9719 And it still had drops of dew on it, which I thought was so cool looking. I also love how bright the yellow middle is. It’s little things like this that make spring my most favorite season of the year.

IMG_9726 Work has definitely gotten busier, b/c yesterday and today were just non stop answering phones and setting up routes and being shocked when it was 5:00 b/c I had been so busy. I like being busy, though. I went and picked Autumn up and we went over to Uncle Julio’s for the monthly visiting teaching dinner. A group of us that have to work during the day meet together once a month at night and go out to eat and just talk and visit and then have a small spiritual lesson. I had to take Autumn w/ me tonight and Mary was so cute w/ her and even made Autumn and mask out of her flour tortilla! It is so nice to associate w/ and spend time w/ such incredible women who are great mothers and wives and friends. I am going to miss them when I move into my new ward.

IMG_9734 After that, we rushed home to see the real evidence of spring. Gigi, the goat we inherited from the white elephant gift at Christmas finally had her babies. When Curt bought her, the farmer told him that Gigi was pregnant, but we didn’t know for sure if she was b/c she never seemed to get fatter. Well, Dad went out to feed her this morning and found that she had given birth to not just one, but two baby goats!!!

IMG_9736 Only one of them would come out to see us, so we took full advantage of it and got out our cameras. They are so sweet! I was surprised at how big they are for having just been born this morning. I guess I thought they would be smaller, and they are already up and walking (even if they are wobbly).

IMG_9741 We just couldn’t get enough of them and it is so cute when they “cry.” It’s a bleating sound like a lamb, but so much cuter! They are so soft, and cuddly.

IMG_9742 We just kept petting them and even giving them kisses b/c they are so adorable. Autumn wanted to pet them, but wasn’t too sure about giving them a kiss quite yet. They would “cry” a lot and it scared Autumn a few times.

IMG_9743Even with how cute they were, they are still animals and as with any animal, they also poop a lot and I got pooped on while holding the baby goat! But it was so worth it b/c they are so precious. (I just noticed it looks like I’m using my middle finger to point to the poop, but that’s my index finger, not my middle one).

We’re trying to come up w/ names for them, b/c one is a boy and one is a girl. I thought we should keep the names starting w/ G’s since we had named their mom Gigi. I thought something like Greg & Gertrude or George & Grace would be cute. Dad suggested Guy & Girl. Mom suggested Jack & Jill.

What would you name the new baby goats if you were us?

3 comments:

JWolfgramm said...

I can't believe you inherited a baby goat for a while elephant gift! That's hilarious!!

Megan said...

Wow, that was the gift that keeps on giving! I like Jack & Jill. There's just something about baby animals that's so cute, isn't there? Autumn must love having them around.

Hanah said...

Awww their soo cute! :D I also like Jack and Jill. I asked my hubby what he thought and he said Geoff, and Gracie. I think Gethro, and Ellie are cute too! (beverly hillbillies) haha Gunther is a fun farm name too. :D