CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Matthew R. Courtois


In church on Sunday, they announced that a serviceman from our ward had been killed. Here is the news information I could find online (click HERE for the link):

The Department of Defense announced Monday that Senior Airman Matthew R. Courtois, of Lucas, Texas was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom when he died on September 20, 2009, at the Abdullah Al Mubarak Airbase in Kuwait. He was assigned to the 366th Security Forces Squadron at the Mountain Home Air Force Base. Courtois died as a result of non-combat related injuries while on duty. Courtois, 22, is survived by his wife, Cheyenne, and two stepchildren. The circumstances surrounding the incident are under investigation.

I am so incredibly saddened for the Courtois family. I didn't know Matt very well, but I do know that he was a great person and I remember seeing him at Church wearing his uniform and remebering how grateful I am for the brave men and women like him that defend our country. I can't even express how emotional I get when I sing the national anthem or see the American Flag. So thank you a million times over to Matt and all the other soldiers for your sacrifices!

HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier
One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt Courtois I am proud to call him my friend. With honors in serving his Family, Friends and Country. Standing before His Father in Heaven serving you and I.
I am happy to have the personal time with him and knowing all he wanted was to find respect and honor. I truely hope he found it with in himself.
Lou Deniz

Anonymous said...

Matt Courtois I am proud to call him my friend. With honors in serving his Family, Friends and Country. Standing before His Father in Heaven serving you and I.
I am happy to have the personal time with him and knowing all he wanted was to find respect and honor. I truely hope he found it with in himself.
Lou Deniz

Michael said...

what does "non combat related injuries" mean? That's crazy.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing about my brother. He was a better man than I and I looked up to him...