CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Best Friend

How do I even begin to describe how much Tara means to me?  We met at BYU in 1999 and were instant kindred spirits as soon as we met.  Thank goodness she saved me from my little bubble I was in and helped me be a normal person.  She was there for me through all the hard times and the fun times.  It was always a party w/ Tara around.  She was more than just a best friend, she was a sister to me.

To honor her memory, I went through my pictures and scanned the ones that weren’t digital.  I made a CD of them for Michael & Debbie & Jeremy.  It brought back so many incredible memories of just how much she means to me and how blessed I am to have her as a best friend.  She changed my life and I know people say this all the time, but I really am a better person b/c of her.  She is the most loving, giving, funny, outgoing and caring person I know.

Being at the gravesite was so hard for me.  I was kind of glad everyone else was there, b/c it kept me from breaking down into sobbing and heart-wrenching tears.  I miss her so much and find myself thinking about her daily and all the great times we had together.  I am eternally thankful that we got to go to Hawaii together.  I am also thrilled that she got to come live w/ me after I got back from my mission.  We had such a great time together those 6 months.

Anyways, below are just a few pictures of the time we got to spend together.  There isn’t one for 2002 b/c I was on my mission to Slovenija that year.  But I will never forget that she sent me a package in the MTC that had a Dwayne Johnson “The Rock” wrestling figurine and some fashion magazines along w/ some candy.  Only Tara would send something like that and then get mad b/c I had to throw the magazines away.  One day we sat down and wrote down some of our inside jokes, and we had pages and pages of them!  She is the best friend I’ve ever had!

1999 T17 1999

2000 T13 2000

2001 T6 2001

2003 T5 2003

2004 T8 2004

2004 T131 2004 Hawaii

2005 T112 2005

2006 T6 2006

2007 T15 2007

2008 T2 2008

LOVE YOU, GIRL!!!

1 comment:

Mom Muk said...

Lisa, Saturday was very special! I love all these pictures, they are great! Hope you and Autumn can come again really soon! I love you both, Mom Muk