CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Night Out With Rachel

IMG_1527 Tonight I got to meet up w/ Rachel to go out to dinner.  Let me give you a little history…I met Tara & Rachel at BYU & they lived on the same floor in the dorms their Freshman year.  I didn’t know Rachel very well other than through Tara.  Rachel & Tara also lived together off campus later, and I got to know her a little bit better.

One year ago on Saturday, Tara passed away and Rachel and I were able to go to the funeral.  It was so nice having Rachel there b/c we were both such good friends w/ Tara.  Rachel was living in another state at the time, but now she lives in the same town as I do and we haven’t gotten together yet!  But, we decided we had to get together to celebrate Tara’s life and what a great friend she was to both of us.

So, we met up at a restaurant and had some dinner and then went and got some frozen yogurt for dessert.  It was so nice to spend some good quality time w/ Rachel and get to know her even better.  She is such a fun person, a talented writer (see her blog HERE), a wonderful mother, and just someone great to talk to.  It was so nice to have an evening out as just Rachel & Lisa instead of having to be Mom’s (thanks to Lane & my parents for watching our kids for us).  It was so wonderful to spend time w/ Rachel and just reminisce about Tara and how much we both love and miss her.  Below are a few of the pictures I have of Rachel & Tara from back in 2001.  GOOD TIMES!

2001 T7 Getting ready for a night out on the town.

2001 T13 Hanging out and having fun at a formal Christmas dance.  I just remember we spent this whole night laughing and having a blast.

2 comments:

Mom Muk said...

Beautiful women...fun memories! I love you both! Thank you for being my Tara's Best Friend!!!

Rachel said...

Oh my! Those photos! Oddly, I still have and love that sweater from the first photo.
I had so much fun spending time with you, Lisa. Certainly we should do it more often. You are so funny and I don't think I've laughed like I did in a long time!