CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 30, 2009

Big Dead Babies

IMG_2012Today was my first day back at work after being off for a week.  I was glad it was a Friday, and Liz and the other girls did a great job holding down the fort while I was gone.  I was supposed to go to a bridal shower tonight, but Autumn was in one of her rotten moods and I wasn’t about to take her to the bridal shower and ruin it for the bride, so we just stayed at Mom & Dad’s house.

She has now moved past just covering up dolls to covering up the family.  She usually makes me and Dad lay on the floor so she can cover us up w/ dolls, but today she was able to get Mom & Nate to lay down too so she could cover them up.  She was so happy!

IMG_2014 Then after she got everyone else covered up, she laid down and wanted us to cover her up.  I’m pretty sure she picks this stuff up at daycare, like at naptime the teachers have them all lay down and then cover them up w/ blankets to take naps.  Autumn’s new thing lately is to tell everyone to “HUSH!”  I’m pretty sure she gets that from daycare too, b/c I haven’t ever said that to her.

I have started to get her tantrums under control by getting down on her level and just talking to her and having her tell me what she wants, and now that she’s talking more she can usually tell me what she wants.  I’ve also noticed that if I keep her on a schedule (like making sure she’s in bed by 8:30 so she’s not a bear the next morning) then she doesn’t have as many tantrums.  I try not to take her out anywhere if she’s in a rotten mood, b/c that never turns out well.  But, we had a nice evening at home b/c she was in her comfort zone.  If you think about it, we all have our habits and schedules and comfort zones that we’re used to.  My life is a lot more peaceful now that I’m starting to figure out what Autumn’s are.

No comments: