CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Preparing For Thanksgiving

IMG_0199 After daycare/work we went over to Mom & Dad’s to enjoy getting ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow. Autumn made this cute hat at daycare and she wanted to wear it around. She’s the cutest little (authentic) Indian I’ve ever seen.

IMG_0209 She helped Dad put up the little white trees outside. I remember last year how much she LOVED the lights, so it was fun to watch her help Dad put them up this year.

IMG_0219 I’ve been wanting to learn how to make Mom’s famous butterhorn rolls, and I’ve helped her the past few years, but this year it finally clicked and now I feel like I could do them on my own if I had to. I wanted to make sure and get a picture of her recipe card w/ her handwriting. I LOVE all the traditions of Thanksgiving.

IMG_0223 Here we are making them together. We make a great team and it went a lot faster having both of us work on them together.

IMG_0224

IMG_0220 Here they are on the pans raising before we bake them. I love that Mom has old and stained pans. It means they’ve been loved and used. I made 2 different types of pumpkin bars for tomorrow and just in those 2 recipes I used SIX sticks of butter! That was just my two recipes, and I have no idea how much butter was used in the rolls and other things we’re going to eat tomorrow. No wonder I always gain weight at Thanksgiving, but it’s so dang good!

IMG_0238 Lexie, Jon & Andrew finally arrived (they said the traffic was horrible). It was so cute to see Dad & Andrew sitting in the rocking chair and reading together.

IMG_0246 After we finished making the rolls and pumpkin bars and got everything cleaned up it was time for the 2 grandbabies help Dad make smoothies for everyone…another tradition.

IMG_0242 Kissing Cousins. SO TENDER!

IMG_2216 We spent the rest of the evening watching the Biggest Loser: Where Are They Now special. It was really good. I was able to talk Mom & Dad & Lexie & Jon into going to see the 10:15 showing of The Blindside (the new football movie w/ Sandra Bullock in it). It was PHENOMENAL! It made me laugh, it made me cry, it was sooooo good. That is one I will definitely buy when it comes out on video. It was the perfect movie to watch the night before Thanksgiving. It was a good reminder of how incredibly blessed I am and to use those things I have to bless the lives of others.

IMG_0252 In case you were wondering who watched Autumn & Andrew…we got Courtney & Nate to watch them for us. We got home around 12:45 am and all 4 of them were asleep on the couch. It looks like they had a lot of fun, and I know we sure did.

No comments: