CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 22, 2010

Hope Floats

IMG_2675 As you can see in the previous post, I got our CD of pictures from Maka in the mail today.  They came in a bubble wrapped manila envelope, but when I opened that, this is what the CD was inside.  I thought it was such a clever and innovative way to package the CD.

IMG_2678 I was just not in the mood to cook tonight (I finally went grocery shopping late last night b/c we had NOTHING in the fridge).  Luckily, I had picked up a $5 WalMart pizza that I just threw in the oven tonight and we had that for dinner.  It’s a super good pizza and Autumn was copying me by putting on some oven mitts to close the oven door.

IMG_2681 She was being such a cutie patootie tonight and kept wanting me to put on some music so she could dance.  Then she would get all out of breath from dancing around and would need a drink.  I just love how her eyes get all sparkly and twinkly when she smiles.  We spent the evening just eating our pizza, dancing, and watching TV. 

After she went to bed, I watched Hope Floats, which is such a sad but touching movie.  I used to fall asleep to it (or Sense & Sensibility) every night when I was in college.  Little did I know back then, that I would have to deal w/ some of the same issues that Birdie (Sandra Bullock’s character) has to deal with.  I am just so thankful that Autumn was only 5 months old instead of 5 years old when I got divorced so that she didn’t have to deal w/ some the things that Bernice had to go through.  Here are some of my favorite quotes from the movie that stood out to me last night:

  • My cup runneth over.
  • You stink, Justin Matisse (we say this all the time when someone toots).
  • You and Connie deserve each other.  You were lucky to have me.  But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you.  And she’s standing right out there and she’s waiting for me.  I don’t know, what’s left over just all of a sudden doesn’t look so good anymore.
  • Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it’s the middle that counts the most.  You need to remember that when you find yourself at the beginning.  Just give hope a chance to float up.  And it will…

I think my favorite part of that movie is when Justin & Birdie are on the dance floor dancing to the Garth Brooks song, “To Make You Feel My Love.”  It’s so romantic and sexy and intimate but they are just dancing.  If you haven’t seen the movie, you need to do yourself a favor and rent it (or I think they have it at WalMart right now for $4).

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love that movie too. So sweet, sad and romantic all at once.