CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Love To See The Temple

IMG_2772

IMG_2776 Autumn & I spent the night over at Mom & Dad’s last night b/c it had rained all day and the temperature dropped to 28 degrees, and I didn’t want to drive home on icy roads. We got up this morning and watched cartoons and played w/ Autumn’s magnetic dress up dolls. I have made it a goal of mine this year to go to the temple at least once a month. Well, since today is the last day of the month that the temple is open, I decided I’d better go today. Mom & Dad were wonderful enough to watch Autumn so I could go.

IMG_2782

IMG_2784 I just love being at the temple and feeling the spirit of peace and serenity that is there. I am so thankful to have a temple so close. My fingers were numb after being outside for 5 minutes while I took these pictures. It was cold today!

IMG_2790 After the temple, I came home and had some yummy homemade soup that Mom made. We decided to play some Wii for a while to pass the time. Dad gets so into the bowling part! Look at that perfect form. He even kicked up his leg while releasing the ball down the lane.

IMG_2794

IMG_2795 Autumn disappeared into Mom & Dad’s room and emerged a few minutes later carrying Mom’s brush. I think she might be a hair dresser when she grows up b/c she LOVES putting elastics in her babies’ hair and loves to brush their hair. She climbed up on the fireplace and was fixing Dora’s hair. She wanted me to get a picture of Dora waiving hello.

IMG_2798 After all of the fun and excitement of the morning, she finally crashed and took a nap w/ Mimi and Emma and her Dora doll.

It’s stake conference this weekend, and I have never gone to the Saturday night session, but I was asked to lead the music, so I went tonight. I am SO glad I did. The visiting general authority is Elder Kevin W. Pearson of the Quorum of the Seventy. He talked about the fifth principle of the Gospel, which is enduring to the end and how that relates to Lehi’s dream. He said that we should all try to avoid being in the third group (the ones that clung to the iron rod and made it to the tree and partook of the fruit, but then were ashamed; see vs. 25). He said we should try and be in group 4, who CLUNG to the iron rod, made it to the tree, partook of the fruit, and stayed by the tree. That was his whole emphasis…STAY BY THE TREE (which is the temple and our temple covenants)!!! He talked about things we need to ask ourselves, b/c sometimes we think we’re by the tree but really we’re further away from the tree than we think.

  1. Are you critical of church leaders?
  2. Are you becoming casual in your covenant keeping?
  3. Are you looking outside of your marriage for happiness?
  4. Is service in the church inconvenient?
  5. How are your personal prayers?
  6. What are you choices in entertainment?

Then he said something that really struck me. He said the biggest challenge our youth have today is to have parents that don’t CLING (not just hold onto, but CLING) to the iron rod and the Gospel. He said if we, as parents, want our children to come and partake of the fruit of the tree, then they need to see us standing next to the tree, just like Lehi did (see vs. 15). It was an EXCELLENT meeting and I am so glad that I went!

No comments: