CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Girl

IMG_2426 Autumn & I made a cake yesterday, and I took most of it to work.  But, the girls at work didn’t finish all of it, so I brought home the leftovers.  I was over at the kitchen sink doing some dishes and I turned around just in time to see Autumn sneaking a piece of cake…that’s my girl.

IMG_2427Look at that smug little smile.  She’s so proud of herself for being so sneaky.  After a bath, it was time for bed.  We sang our usual songs and then she turned over to drift off to sleep.  I wanted to take a nice and relaxing bubble bath, so I filled the tub, added the bubbles, got my laptop ready w/ relaxing music, and made sure the lighting was calming.  About 8 minutes into my amazing bubble bath, I heard the door to my room open and Autumn came in saying she was scared.  I told her to go lay down in my bed and go to sleep.  I was surprised, but she actually did and I was able to finish my bubble bath in peace.

IMG_2435 I went to climb in bed and forgot she was asleep in my bed.  I just had to go get my camera and take a picture of her sleeping b/c she’s so sweet and angelic when she sleeps.  I picked her up (she’s getting heavy by the way) and put her back in her own bed.  I drifted off to sleep and around 1:20 am I heard her crying in her bed (for the third time during the night).  I was frustrated from her waking me up over and over, so I went in her room and in an annoyed voice said, “What do you want?  GO TO SLEEP!”  Then in the most timid and sheepish voice she said, “I go poo poo, Mama.”  She had a FULL diaper (almost a blow out), and I was so glad she had woken me up to let me know b/c otherwise it could have been a huge mess and gotten all over her and her sheets.  It was a good lesson for me to learn about being more patient w/ her.

No comments: