CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Nifty New Things

I have tried quite a few new things lately that have made me happy, and I wanted to share them.  First of all, is two new recipes.  Mom is visiting Lex & Jon & Andrew, so I felt like I was in charge of making sure Dad & Nick & Nate don’t starve while she’s gone.  Last night I made my first meatloaf and baked potatoes.  I got the recipe from Rufio and it was really good.

Meatloaf

1 envelope dry onion soup mix
2 lbs ground beef (I used ground turkey to save on fat and calories)
3/4 c plain dry bread crumbs
2 eggs
3/4 c water
1/2 c ketchup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In large bowl, combine all ingredients.  In a 13 x 9 baking or roasting pan, shape into loaf.  Bake for 1 hour or until done.  Let stand 10 minutes.

 

I LOVE doing crock pot meals on Sundays, b/c I just throw everything in before we leave for church and put the crock pot on high and when we walk in after church, the house smells good and the food is all ready to eat.  Today I decided to try a new recipe that I found on kraftrecipes.com.  It is super yummy and super healthy and super easy.  I served it over the top of some whole wheat spaghetti.  This is definitely a recipe I will be making again.

IMG_2742 Slow-cooker Tex-Mex Chicken

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips
2 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
2 Tbsp flour
1 each green and red pepper, cut into 1 inch wide strips
1 c frozen corn (I didn’t have corn so I used spinach)
1 1/2 c salsa
1 c grated cheese

Toss chicken with taco seasoning and flour in bottom of slow cooker.  Stir in vegetables and salsa; cover with lid.  Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.  Stir just before serving; top with grated cheese.

 

I have two new favorite things (that don’t involve food) that I got at Target.  I’m more of a WalMart fan than a Target fan, but Target does have some good deals.

IMG_2746 I found this canvas painting for only $10 and it screamed my name, so I had to have it.  It’s especially fun and festive for the upcoming Valentine’s holiday.

IMG_2748 I also found these colorful glitter words over in the dollar spot at Target.  I think they are just meant for Valentine’s b/c of the colors, but I think I might leave them up year round.

No comments: