CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What Makes Sparkly Eyes?

IMG_2391 Tonight when we were eating dinner, Autumn climbed up on the coffee table and just sat there as if it were the most natural thing to do.  I asked her what she was doing and she just got this adorable grin on her face and her eyes got all sparkly.  Have you ever met someone’s who eyes were all sparkly and captivating?  It got me to thinking what makes certain people’s eyes sparkly?

I think part of it has to do with the fact that Autumn’s eyes are so dark that you can’t tell where her pupils end and her iris begins.  Rufio says she has black onyx eyes.  I think that’s part of the reason they look so sparkly.

But, I think the thing that makes them so sparkly is how sweet and pure and innocent she is.  Every person is born w/ the light of Christ and the more light and love in someone’s soul, the sparklier (is that a real word?) their eyes are.  It’s true that eyes are the window to the soul.  That’s the real reason I think Autumn’s eyes are so sparkly.

I got to experience feeling a little bit of sparkle in my own eyes today when I made a special treat for a friend and got to deliver it in a sneaky way.  It makes my eyes sparkle a little more to know that I made someone’s day better and made that person feel special in front of their peers.  I need to do things like this more often for other people in my life.  It’s like the magic of Christmas and why Santa has a sparkle in his eye…when we do things for others to make them happy it makes us happier in the process.

What have you done lately to bring a sparkle to your eyes?

No comments: