CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Good Friends, New & Old

IMG_2890

IMG_2892 I went grocery shopping today on my lunch break and had Liz look up the recipe for the Thai Chicken pasta she made one time, so I could buy the ingredients for it while I was at the store. We both love that stuff, so I invited her & Lib over for dinner to help Autumn & I eat it. While we ate, we went back and forth between the Biggest Loser (I have a crush on Sam) and American Idol. During a commercial, Liz wanted to try the wall squats. Autumn wanted to try it too. They were looking at Lib to tell them to go since he was going to time them. Liz had to start waving her arms around about 20 seconds in to keep her mind off how bad her legs were burning. Autumn thought she was funny. They made it to 40 seconds, which is way better than the 10 seconds I did.

IMG_2894 Mom came over to watch Autumn for me so I could go meet up w/ my best friend from high school, Christie. She used to live in Texas but moved to California when she married Chris, who was in our ward in high school. Anyways, we went to Wendy’s (they were the only place open at 9:00 at night in the area) and just sat and talked and laughed and ate. Her parents are such wonderful people and it was so good to see them again.

IMG_2896 I LOVE the type of friends where you can not see each other or talk to each other for months or years at a time, and yet when you do reconnect, it’s as if no time has passed at all. That’s how I feel about Christie…she is a true kindred spirit. She was so wonderful to me in high school and helped me so much. Friends like her are hard to find, so I’m glad she was brought into my life and that we’ve stayed in touch all these years.

On the way home, Karri called to see if I wanted to come over and watch the Bachelor (she had recorded it) w/ her and Mary. Since I had only seen snipets of it last night, I wanted to see it. Plus, I LOVE spending time w/ Karri and Mary b/c they are always so much fun to be around. It's always a guaranteed party and good time w/ those two. I didn't get home until 11:30, but it was totally worth it!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I'm addicted to the biggest loser, and am also a big fan of Sam! You should find out some of his info, call him and hook up. Yall would make a cute couple...and cute babies.

Krista said...

Oh my gosh, I totally agree! Every time I watch that show and see Sam I think that you two would be the cutest couple. He is the nicest guy - I'm convinced that he's going to win! He has so much heart. You definitely need to get his info and call him up!