CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter 2010

IMG_4478 Autumn & I spent the night at Mom & Dad’s last night b/c I got home late from the movie.  We woke up this morning to Dad making waffles.  YUM!  The kids wanted him to go outside and play w/ them.  He is always so good about spending quality time w/ them.

IMG_4489 We woke up Mom & Nate so we could see what the Easter bunny brought us!  We kind of lined up in the kitchen like we do at Christmas.  The kids were so excited to see what presents they got.

IMG_4491It was an Easter basket for everyone that had a drink and some treats inside.  We haven’t done Easter baskets in years (b/c the two kids were too small the past few years to know what they were).  It was fun to do them again this year and let everyone go find them hidden around the room.

IMG_4479After we opened our Easter baskets, it was time to watch General Conference.  I always look forward to watching it (and feel bad we didn’t watch the sessions yesterday, but that’s why I read them in the Ensign next month).  It was very uplifting and a few of the talks really hit home to me and were just what I needed to hear.

IMG_4492 After the first session, it was time to eat.  The Monzingo’s had come over to watch conference w/ us and we had a Thanksgiving feast.  Mom cooked the turkey and stuffing and Monzingos brought the green bean casserole, rolls, and garlic mashed potatoes.  It was so good and we all stuffed ourselves silly.  For dessert we were going to do sugar cookies, but they were too messy, so we just had left over Cake Plate cake (which is just as good on the second day as the first).

IMG_4496 The kids were getting restless from being inside all day (they were really good during conference and watched movies in Mom & Dad’s room).  I took them on a walk outside to get some fresh air.  We went over to the lot and threw some sticks in the stream and picked some dandelions.

IMG_4500

IMG_4511The kids wanted to go play on the fort, so we went over there.  I was SHOCKED when Autumn asked me to push her in the swing, b/c she usually runs screaming from the swings.  She did ok as long as I didn’t push her too high.  While I was pushing her, I heard Andrew up on the fort talking on the phone and he said, “Yes, this is Peter Parker.  What do you want?”  He is so obsessed w/ Spiderman and it made me smile that he answered the phone as Peter Parker.  The kids had fun running around and burning off some of their pent up energy.

IMG_4507 I was able to get them to be sweet and sit down on the steps together and give each other a kiss.

IMG_4510 They have their moments when they argue, but the majority of the time they get along great and are so cute together!  I am glad they are so close in age and have each other.

IMG_4481We went back in to watch the second session of conference.  I loved the flowers they showed on Temple Square.  We also have some pretty flowers around here, and I especially loved this purple wisteria growing on the garden fence.  The talks during the second session were just as good as the first session.  I am so thankful that during this Easter season that is full of eggs and Easter bunnies that I can take the time out to focus on the true meaning of Easter and how thanks to Jesus Christ and His selfless sacrifice we are all given two gifts.  One of those gifts, we don’t have to do anything to receive.  We will ALL be resurrected someday and receive perfect bodies.  The second gift, is dependent on us and if we live to the best that we can and repent, then through His grace we have a chance of receiving eternal life.  Easter in a way is even more important than Christmas b/c we get to celebrate the resurrection and give thanks for the Atonement.  I am eternally thankful that Jesus Christ was willing to come to Earth and live a perfect life and give Himself as a ransom for all the mistakes we make.  I hope I am constantly improving and trying to be a better person each day to show my love and appreciation for Him and Heavenly Father.

IMG_4515 Autumn came in after their movie was over and was being so cranky and fussy.  All of a sudden, she was quiet and I looked over to see her curled up on the floor.  She was so tired and worn out from the weekend that she literally just dropped where she was and fell asleep.  This is proof that we had a non-stop and fun-filled weekend.

I can’t even begin to describe how wonderful this weekend was.  It was a small miracle that Lex & Jon & Andrew were here to enjoy the weekend with us.  I always remind myself how fortunate I am to have such a wonderful and loving family…both immediate and extended.  Getting to spend time together and eat good food and talk and laugh means so much to me and I just sit and soak in all of the goodness around me, and it fills my soul.  I am truly blessed.  And being able to take pictures and freeze these memories in time brings me such joy.  I took over 300 pictures this weekend, and that makes me so happy.  Especially knowing that in years to come we will all be able to look back at them and remember how much fun we had.  That’s the beauty of pictures…they help you relive the moments that they capture, and there is something magical about that.

HAPPY EASTER!!!

No comments: