CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 2, 2010

Let The Festivities Begin

IMG_4138 Today Autumn & I got home from work/school and went to check the mail and there was an Easter package for Autumn. It was from Jason & Nicole and had a cute card, a sparkly yellow flower hair clip, and the most adorable shirt w/ cute pants along w/ some Easter eggs and candy. It was a very thoughtful package and Autumn loved it. Thank you, Jason & Nicole.

IMG_4141

IMG_4145 Isn’t she just the cutest little Easter bunny that ever was? She made this at daycare and was so excited to show it to me. The weather was so gorgeous that we went outside to wait for Lex & Jon & Andrew & Nate to get here. Autumn was over playing near the sandbox and came over to me to show me this pretty flower she had picked. After saying how pretty it was and smelling it I had to tell her not to pick flowers anymore. But, it was a very thoughtful gift.

IMG_4149 She got bored waiting for Drew to get here, so she took off her socks and shoes and pants and went to stick her feet in the pool.

IMG_4166I was fine w/ her putting her feet in the pool when she was near the Shamu shelf b/c it’s shallow there. But then she went down near the deep end and wanted to put her feet in there, and I had to tell her to scoot back. This is the little innocent smile she gave me when I told her to not get so close to the edge. I had emptied out my pockets (just like Dad did last night) just in case I had to jump in after her.

IMG_4181

IMG_4193Lex & Jon & Andrew finally got to Mom & Dad’s, so we had some salad w/ Grandma Taft dressing (I LOVE that stuff), lasagna, and garlic bread. Emma was just dying to sink her little teeth into a bite of Lexie’s lasagna. I was SO excited that Lex & Jon brought this Easter cake from The Cake Plate. Jon decided to mix it up this time and order a creamy coconut cake instead of the usual Mexican vanilla. It was incredibly good and the frosting is just divine.

IMG_4197 A & A had a great time playing together in the sandbox while us adults sat outside and talked and laughed. They are such cute cousins and I’m so glad they are just 6 months apart so they can play together and get along so well.

IMG_4198 The Easter bunny brought an early present and the kids were so full of anticipation to see what it was. It was the Princess & the Frog movie. They were so excited and would get up and dance around during every song.

IMG_4205Nate & Nick M got home from Houston and we also had Curt & Mary stop in to say hi. It was so fun to have a full house full of fun people and good food. I know Mom doesn’t like all the chaos and commotion most of the time. However, this weekend is different since it’s Easter and it’s going to be so exciting and fun to have everyone home and being able to spend time together. I can’t wait to capture all the fun moments on camera and to just soak it all in and enjoy every little thing.

2 comments:

Ash said...

wow. packages for holidays?! my child hasn't even met her dad...lucky Autumn ;)

The Watson's said...

What a fun weekend you had with your family. Autumn is getting so big. Nate told me Tylee looks like shrimp next to her. HAPPY belated EASTER!!