CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 17, 2010

Granite For Granny

Today I worked for Christine, and can I just say how much I love her?  She is an INCREDIBLE woman and I honestly have no idea how she does 1/4 of all the things she does.  I wish I could do more to help make her life easier.  Her mom came over for a little bit this morning to drop off a few things and I know where Christine gets some of her greatness from…her mother.  I’m so thankful to know Virginia & Christine & Mary and the rest of their family.  Talk about salt-of-the-earth type of people.

IMG_2610Anyways, Mom & I went to lunch at Jack  in the Box and got a teriyaki bowl.  It looked so small and I thought for sure that wasn’t going to be enough food to fill me up, but I was stuffed after I finished that bowl.  Mom called after she got home and said the granite guys were there and that it looked amazing and that I should come over and see it after work.  I went & got Autumn and we came over to see how it looked.  It looks really greenish/yellowish in this picture, but it’s really not that yellow.

IMG_2609 This is what it looks like in natural light w/ no flash or color boost.  This is more what it really looks like.  The kitchen is really starting to come together and Curt & John came over tonight and put the drawers in put the crown molding around the top of the cabinets.  It looks great.

IMG_2615 Mom & Dad brought home Chick Fil’A for dinner & got a special Happy Meal for Autumn (can you say spoiled?).  We ate outside on the patio, which was so nice b/c it was a little windy and just pleasant.  We ate & then Mom & Dad & Autumn went to Home Depot to pick out some tile for the backsplash.  I stayed at their house and worked on some emails and then when they got home Autumn & I came home so she could go to bed.

1 comment:

Mark and Shauna said...

Hey Lisa... I don't know if you remember me at all (we only met a couple of times)... I worked at Prosper in compliance one summer and am friends with Allison. I found your blog off of hers and think your blog is fabulous:). I've been wanting to comment on your blog for awhile now so I don't feel like some weird stocker of your blog!
I read your previous post about wanting to get a job at a school district... my husband is a high school teacher and the way he got his job now (in a school district that is hard to get into) was through actually going into the school and handing his resume to the secretary (he even asked to speak to the principal). The principal and her secretary were really impressed that took the time to come in, so they gave him an interview. I know it's kind of nerve racking to do it, but it worked for him! Anyway, just thought I'd let you know:).