CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Divalicious Deals

IMG_7670 We didn’t get to sleep in today b/c our church switched and starts at 9:00 am now (we used to meet at 11:00, which is the celestial hour if you ask me).  Anyways, Autumn did really well with the time switch and was really good during sacrament meeting. I had to be stern with two boys in my class today that kept pinching each other (you’d think they would act more grown up since they’re 10 years old), but they wouldn’t stop so I had to separate them.  Anyways, after church we came home and I had Nick take a picture of us.  I LOVE this new dress I got.  It’s flattering b/c it has an empire waist, floats away from the body, comes to the bottom of my knee cap, and is very What Not To Wear approved.  The best part is that it was on clearance at WalMart for $9!  Gotta love that.  And then Autumn Bottom is wearing a dress Mom got her at Kid To Kid for only $7.  I love finding a Divalicious Deal.

IMG_7675 This is my favorite Divalicious Deal of the day.  Aren’t they awesome?  A few weeks ago I was checking out Torrid.com and they were having a killer sale on shoes (which is the only thing I buy on that website) and I saw these beauties and just had to have them.

IMG_7676 They have a 4 inch heel on them and I’m not used to wearing high heels and by the end of church, the front of my thighs were killing me b/c they’re not used to being used to walk.  Torrid is the only place I can find awesome shoes in my size b/c I have such big feet.  Thanks, Josh, for introducing me to Torrid 4 years ago.  Even though these shoes aren’t something I would wear everyday, I love wearing them every once in a while b/c they make me feel like a diva…sassy and feisty.

IMG_7677After church, we went over to Mom & Dad’s to eat some lunch that Mom had made (they switched to the 9:00 am church time, too).  Autumn asked me this morning to do her hair “pretty” again.  I love how easy it is to do and yet it looks super difficult and fancy.

IMG_7678 We spent the rest of the day watching Pretty Woman (the edited version on TV), b/c that is one of Mom’s favorite movies of all time.  Then we watched Gidget b/c Mom likes old movies.  I was kind of shocked at how risqué it was.  It was filmed in 1959 and they talked about an orgy in it!!!  After that we watched some college football and Autumn fell asleep again in Dad’s arms, which he LOVES.  But, he had to leave and go to work so he moved her over onto Mom’s lap.

Mom & I were watching America’s Funniest Home Videos and were laughing so hard at some of the videos.  My favorites were the cat that gags at a bowl of oatmeal, b/c it was so unexpected.  The second on that made me laugh really hard was this kid at a birthday party and he threw up all over the cake and he tried to cover his mouth but it came out between his fingers.  So gross yet so funny.  It was 7:00 and I didn’t want Autumn to sleep all night, so I told Mom to wake her up.

Mom tried rubbing her back and talking to her, but Autumn still wouldn’t wake up after a few minutes of that.  So, all of a sudden Mom gets this mischievous look on her face and starts laughing.  I asked her what she was laughing about and she couldn’t tell me b/c she was laughing too hard.  I asked her if she were thinking about using the gong to wake Autumn up.  She laughed some more and finally was able to talk and said no, that’s not what she was thinking of.  She got a little twinkle in her eye and said, “watch this.”  She said to Autumn (who is dead asleep by the way) “Autumn time to wake up.  It’s Christmas and Santa is here.”  Autumn sat straight up out of her dead sleep and looked around w/ big huge eyes.  WE LOST IT!  We were laughing so hard we couldn’t breathe.  Autumn looked at us like we were both insane, which just made us laugh even more.  Mom had to run and use the bathroom so she wouldn’t pee her pants from laughing so hard.  We called Lexie to tell her about it and I was laughing so hard I couldn’t even talk.  I had tears just rolling down my cheeks.  I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time, and it felt so good.

The rest of the evening was pretty much just vegging out and watching TV and spending time together.  I found out some crazy/exciting/interesting/shocking information today about what’s going on in some friends’ lives.  Isn’t it crazy how life throws curb balls at us?  I’m thankful for the life I have…especially when I read stories like this about the bishop in California that was shot to death while doing his calling.  My heart breaks for that mother who now is husbandless and has to raise and support 6 young boys on her own!  She and her family will definitely be in our prayers.
DNews sannar2.cit

1 comment:

LEXIE GUYMON said...

Okay I just LOVE your dress and shoes. CUTE & so divalicious!